DVD's

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

DVD's

Postby Tiffany » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:22 pm

Hope this is the right place to put this.....?

Sunday at a car boot sale, I bought the complete first series of Fraggle Rock on 5 DVD's, brand new never been played, though the shrink wrap was off the package.
Tried to play the first disc & it said incompatable with this DVD player. :? :shock: :x The woman who sold it to me must have known too. :x Which is why it was unplayed.

Googled & discovered it was only available in America, so was a regional 1 set. Great!
Then I found this site for changing the codes.
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shoppi ... nlock#dvds

Brilliant, now we can play any DVD from any country on my or OH's DVD players. It really is simple to change them to 0 for anywhere. I guess not every DVD player will be on the list & if they are maybe no one has done the change yet, but it's worth a try if you have DVD's you can't play.

Thought you would all like to have this information. Though of course you all may already know about it!
Last edited by Tiffany on Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:44 pm

The lesson there is to check the region - we are Region 2 in the UK - Region 1 in the US.

And, as you say, some DVD players can be decoded and I'm really glad that worked out for you.

I got Sharlene a multi-region DVD player, so that I could bring my DVDs over and we could buy and rent them over there as well. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:06 pm

My Daughter just informed me, her DVD player is a multi regional one, as well Tony.

It didn't say anything on the sleeve or anywhere that that set was an American one. I didn't think to look either, I was so chuffed to have found it. I love Fraggle Rock. :D
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:43 pm

my cheap £25 one from asda has never failed to play any disc i chuck in it,on the other hand the blinkin sony dvd player in the livingroom will only play region 2 and audio. there is a lesson to be learned there somewhere :!:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:23 pm

Yes, the multi-region ones aren't expensive. :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:13 pm

My player cost £9.99 from SuperDrug! :oops:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Return to The Broken Drum