rip carl mauldun

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

rip carl mauldun

Postby chris.ph » Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:50 pm

dont know wether i spelt it right but i loved him in the streets of san francisco :cry:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Re: rip carl mauldun

Postby Cheery » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:10 pm

chris.ph wrote:dont know wether i spelt it right but i loved him in the streets of san francisco :cry:

Nearly- it's Carl Maulden. He was an excellent actor. Great talent lost there :(

Edit: Sorry, got it wrong: Carl Malden
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:40 pm

R.I.P. Carl. :(
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Tiffany » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:01 pm

I didn't watch the series, never did like cop shows. RIP Carl.
Best wishes,
Tiff
Tiffany

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:28 am

He was Karl with a K BTW :)

Maybe the SofF wasn't much cop (sorry :oops: ) but it at least had Michael Douglas before the ego struck so it sort of balanced the appeal :P

He was a great if under-rated actor and co-starred opposite Vivien Leigh as Blanche's kind stranger Mitch in Streetcar named Desire and again with Marlon Brando and Rod Steiger in On the Waterfront as the priest so his early career was right up there with the A-listers

RIP Karl
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:36 pm

E J Thribb used to appear in "Private Eye" and write bad poetry for dead people. I haven't seen a Private Eye for a long time so maybe he/she is still there. Here is my E J Thribb impression;

So goodbye Karl Maulden.
Although I never watched anything you were in,
I seem to recall you had
a very big squidgy nose.
RIP
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby swreader » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:49 pm

Another of the wonderful oldtimers (age 97). They seem to be dropping like flies lately.

Malden won the 1951 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for A Streetcar Named Desire and was nominated in 1954 for his supporting role in On the Waterfront. Malden was a past president of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. In October 2003, he was named the 40th recipient of the Screen Actors' Guild's Life Achievement Award for career achievement and humanitarian accomplishment.

He also starred in the crime TV Show The Streets of San Francisco, and was nominated for an Emmy four times, but never won.

R.I.P. KARL MALDEN
swreader

Return to The Broken Drum