My Story: Dogcatchers

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Postby WannabeAngua » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Ooohh, I'm sorry pooh, please come back....didn't mean to be a mean bully :( :oops:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby Cheery » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:24 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:Sorry! I'll stick to the Broken Drum

Why? You're welcome here! :D

Anyway: got the next part here. I'm writing it in a different color, so you know what's comment and what's story.

I received this letter a few years ago. Aurora had left ten years before and I’ve never heard anything of her until She sent it to me.

It all seemed a little odd. I didn’t understand, why she should have lied to me. Everyone knew her as “the girl who never lied” and it came as a shock to find out that she’d actually done it the whole time. I was angry, frustrated and disappointed of her. She’d once said herself, that friends should always be honest to each other.

It wasn’t long until the first letter arrived. The anger and frustration had flown back by then and had left me curious. So I opened the letter and read page after page.

I must admit that I didn’t believe her at first, but she kept sending her letters, telling me her extraordinary and bizarre story.
In one of her letters, she asked me, if I believed in creatures of the night. And, by God I believe her now.

I will ask you now: Do you believe in creatures of the night? No? You will..
I’m asking you, because Aurora is one of them.
But she is a special creature and she was born far away from human civilisation, on a very special night…
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:27 pm

:D ooooh! More please!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:29 pm

OK. I'll read it but won't make any comments! :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:50 pm

poohbcarrot wrote:OK. I'll read it but won't make any comments! :lol:

Yeah, right! *is tempted to nick Tony's copyrighted drain laugh* :twisted:

Cheery - you'll learn to love Pooh's sense of humour, he needs somewhere new to wax his witticisms as we're too used to them in the Drum.... :wink:

And he could no more refrain from commenting than I could fly to the Moon unassisted :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:And he could no more refrain from commenting than I could fly to the Moon unassisted :P

Ah! The old reverse psychology trick! :P

I won't comment on the story is what I meant.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:11 pm

Meet me on the Moon for a cheese sandwich in that case! :lol:

Cheery - just ignore us and carry on with the creatures of the night thing :)
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:51 pm

stop picking on pooh jan you know he is sensitive :)
keep the story coming cheery i applaude anybody with an ounce of talent in writing or art because i havent got any im to straight talking. and by the way youve obviously got a lot more than an ounce of talent :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:28 pm

Moi? Pick on Pooh? :lol: Wannabe started it anyway... :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby WannabeAngua » Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:56 am

Hey, I apologized didn't I :lol:
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:13 am

Stop fighting girls or I'll set Chris on you again! :lol:
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Cheery » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:55 pm

LETTER ONE

The night was unusually dark for this time of month. Thick clouds hung in the sky and made it look almost totally black, and the land like a dark shadow. Except for one small speck of light, hovering high over the dark treetops. It belonged to a window in the wall of an old castle. Hardly anyone knew it existed. And now there were screams coming from it.

“Are you sure everything’s fine, Delbert?” Lord Marshall asked. He’d been walking up and down the room in nervous eights, but had now stopped and gave the bedroom door a worried stare.
“Child birth is a very painful thing, sir” the butler’s voice said from the other side of the room. He was stitching old baby clothes. “But I’m sure she is fine.”
“Still…” Lord Marshall stepped towards the window and stared into the unusually dark night. “The moon’s not out today… Its bad luck when a puppy is born and the moon’s not out.”
“Now, Sir, your young lady would not approve to hear such talk from you.”
“Oh, yes. A child. Of course…” he sighed. “Strange things happen on moonless nights, Delbert… Very strange things…”
“Yes, Sir.”
“And it’s supposed to be full moon today.”

There was another scream. But this time, it sounded different. Lord Marshall jumped up and glanced at the bedroom door again, with a mix of worried relief and fear in his face. Before the butler could stop him, he ran to the door, wrenched it open and stepped inside.

There was the maid staring at him, the hot water bucket, the bed with blood-stained sheets… and there, his wife with their baby in her arms.
He walked towards the bed, with a smile on his face. “He’s beautiful” he whispered, “What… what’s his name?”
Her name’s Aurora.”
“Aurora…”
Suddenly, the moonlight broke through.
Cheery

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:02 pm

:D Great!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Cheery » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:41 pm

Speculations, anyone?
Cheery

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:48 pm

-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum