NASA LCROSS launch.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

NASA LCROSS launch.

Postby mspanners » Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:05 pm

Just a heads up for any other people interested in Space... NASA should be launching the probes that will survey the Moon for a site for a base camp on Moon, first step in return to the Moon. :shock:

In about 7 Hours from time of post here... if it all go well :!:

History in the making .... live on NASA TV. 8)
mspanners

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:25 pm

WOOO HOOOOO!!! I BELIEVE! That is just Fantastic to a Space Head like me... :lol: :twisted:
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby chris.ph » Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:41 pm

you forgot to mention they are going to use a booster rocket as a missile to strike the lunar pole to see if they can find any water in the plume from the explosion.couldnt they just do it with a probe instead of using big bangs
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby mspanners » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:03 pm

If you use a probe you need a way to land it safely, however by crashing the booster into the moon you get a free show of what lies under the soil. A following scanner and the Hubble can see the ejector and measure it optically from afar. It is a cheaper way than building a lander. :)
mspanners

Postby mspanners » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:17 am

Amazing ..... Mankind finally makes its first small move to return to the Moon and what did I find in the UK news page that opens on my desk top this morning? Sod all about it is what I find ! Found a story about a district in China that is limiting the number of dogs you can keep there !! :evil:

I give up... is it Me or has the IQ quotient dropped sharply since the 1960' UK TV full of trash and talent ( ha that makes me laugh ) shows, I think the world is dumbing down....... someone made a comedy movie about this a few Years ago that I enjoyed ...... :D

Shame I cant recall the name of it though..... getting stupid..... clicking grinding sound as cooling Helmet stops.
mspanners

Postby poohbcarrot » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:22 am

"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby mspanners » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:55 am

I just found it annoying that there was no mention on the front page UK AOL ... who decides what is important enough to make it on the front page there?

Bobo the Clown? Someone with a spinning tie and squirty Flower? Big Red nose and Orange wig? Probably........ :D

And to top at all as soon as I logged on a pop up about the new Transformers Movie starts to blanket the whole page, Grrrrrr :evil: stop it AOL.
mspanners

Postby mspanners » Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:37 am

A-Ha.... they must be reading these posts as they have finally put a link on the page!! :D
mspanners

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:41 am

You are fighting for space heads everywhere! Me, I love spacey stuff, but I know that not everyone does (wierdos) :wink:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:27 pm

if they do find water they are going to alledgedly try todo more moon landings :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby mspanners » Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:22 pm

If they find water they intend to set up a base camp there and man it permanently in the same fashion as the International space station..... :) ....... but even if there is no water they have backup plans to develop a system that can extract oxygen from the rocks and recombine it with hydrogen to generate power and water.... 8)
mspanners

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:27 pm

Woo Hoo, as long as they don't try to grow longer, and thicker eyelashes up there... ooops that is on another thread hehehehehe. I think it would Rock to have a Moon base, think of the lower grav experiments they could perform. Boggles the mind.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:34 pm

i wonder if they will have eagles :D
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Only in the mountains. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:12 pm

i dont know if space 1999 had mountains around them on moon base alpha :lol:
chris.ph

Next

Return to The Broken Drum