Stange bird at the top of the page

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Stange bird at the top of the page

Postby bikkit » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:42 am

Look at the top right-hand corner. Do you see it? What do you think it is?

Please tell me that i'm not seeing things!

I'm going to need a swat team, ready to mobilize, street maps covering the whole of florida, a pot of coffee, 12 jammy dodgers and A FEZ.
bikkit

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:47 am

You're not seeing things! I can see it too. It's a turtle! :P
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:23 am

....it could be a turtle dove, but I was under the impression they were more "bird-like" and less "turtle-like".
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby mspanners » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:15 am

No, can not see that one BUT have you spotted the bandage on the flipper? :shock:
mspanners

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:44 am

Do you mean the astral 'smoke' that has a kind of swan/goose neck & beak with wings that seems to be embracing the right side of the disc and A'tuin Kelda? :wink:

You can see it more easily on this page HERE as Great A'tuin is loading up. In fact the page background's full of vaguely recognisable shapes - can any of you see the sort of gorilla face right next to the left side of the rimfall at the top of the page? :lol:

And of course there's loads of little discs following A'tuin in the top right too :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:05 pm

On the top R.H. side OUT OF THE FRAME can anyone see what looks like an ethereally looking Death. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby cols » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:15 pm

I thought it was the Death of Rats ...I can see his tiny hand holding the scythe :D
cols

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:29 pm

I can see a horse and I've found Nemo, but no bird/death/death of rats
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:53 pm

You've all got better eyesight/imaginations than me. :P
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:16 pm

Some of us are chemically assisted Tony... :twisted: Or addicted to Max Escher - or those weird Magic Eye thingies - or just stay up too late eating cheese... or indeed desperately need their glasses prescriptions updated. Funnily enough I seem to qualify in all but one of those categories - leave you to speculate which doesn't apply... :P

There's a much better Hooded Death of some persuasion almost in top centre and my gorilla face is in fact part of the hood and the right eye socket... :lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:12 pm

yes i see the bird it seems to be sitting on a branch , i allways thought it was death of rats raven mate
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby mspanners » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:37 pm

I can see a monkey like skull just above what may be part of a planet with a ring, possibly Saturn... no Birds though...... :shock:
mspanners

Postby WannabeAngua » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Yup, definitely seeing a bird. Looks like a bird of prey of some sort with a rather large eye :? :)
There were no public health laws in Ankh-Morpork. It would be like installing smoke detectors in Hell.
- Feet of clay.
WannabeAngua

Re: Stange bird at the top of the page

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:58 pm

WeeKelda wrote:Look at the top right-hand corner. Do you see it? What do you think it is?

Please tell me that i'm not seeing things!

You are speaking about the "shadow bird" behind the forum I assume. Yeah, I noticed it too, and just assumed twas an artistic bit of license... perhaps it is the Tree Dwelling Octopusses head...?

I have a really wide screen 22 inches so I see the forum and six inches on each side beyond.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:03 pm

nope not an Octopus, it has a claw, must be like the Raven that always tries to find eyeballs, who accompanies The Death of Rats.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Next

Return to The Broken Drum