fan lit -anybody fancy having a crack at a Discworld story?

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

fan lit -anybody fancy having a crack at a Discworld story?

Postby NightOwl » Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:48 am

another board I used to frequent ran a sequence where posters took in in random turns to write a few paragraphs of a story and then carry on from one another - anybody fancy knocking out a comic tale together?

we could set it in any part of Discworld - say starting at Unseen University - perhaps with the Unseen University Challenge Weakest Linked Millionaire Mastermind competition to find the next Chancellor?

we know most characters fairly well between us - so perhaps we could restrict the story to characters who have already featured in a TP novel?

I think it could be a bit of fun - from the quality of posting on here, I imagine that the quality would be fairly high, even if the humour was fairly low.

perhaps each writer could put a sentence that would have to feature in the next episode.

any takers?
All the World's a Stage
NightOwl

Postby mspanners » Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:57 pm

Been done a couple of times here... ends up petering out, no one else appears to bother to post or feel they have nothing to add! :cry:

I have witten a few stories and posted here in Games / your writings and letter to the paper..... feel free to Finnish off the tale I wrote about Dibbler and Leonard developing a flying machine... I got them to Klatch and left them stranded after trophy hunters ripped their Flying machine apart! :shock:
Go on have a go! 8)
mspanners

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:14 pm

I think a lot of us just aren't as creative as you spanners. :lol:
Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
Yes! We're all individuals!
Tonyblack
Site Admin

Postby chris.ph » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:41 pm

i just read mspanners efforts :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby mspanners » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:32 pm

:shock: I'd Best push on with the next one then! :)
mspanners

Postby chris.ph » Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:26 pm

about time to :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Return to The Broken Drum