Ireland's Time Lord

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Ireland's Time Lord

Postby Antiq » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 pm

Irish politician Alan Shatter TD, is our Minister for Justice, Equality and Defence. The following statement appeared in the news today -

In his role as the Minister for Time, Mr Alan Shatter TD, says all the necessary arrangements have been made to make sure Santa delivers his presents on time.

“I want to assure children across Ireland that all necessary arrangements have been made to facilitate the timely arrival of Santa Claus on Christmas Day,” Mr Shatter said.

Santa and his reindeer will be helped by gardai, the army and the weather forecasters to guarantee a punctual arrival, Mr Shatter assured Irish girls and boys.

When he comes over the horizon late on Christmas Eve, he may also be sighted by the Irish Air Corps Radar System, Mr Shatter said.

"No excess baggage travel charges will be imposed on the sacks full of presents it is anticipated Santa will have on his sleigh.”

“Both An Garda Síochána and members of the Defence Forces stand ready on alert to provide him with any assistance required to ensure that all his reindeer, including Rudolph, are properly fed and watered.”

The weather forecasters will be letting Santa know about any bad weather, to help him arrive safely to Ireland.

"As chairperson of the government task force on emergency planning, I have asked Met Éireann to ensure that a speedy response be given to any requests Santa makes for information on any threatened extreme weather conditions that could impede his progress.”

“Because of the speedy manner in which he goes about his business and the common travel area between Ireland and the UK, it is anticipated that Santa Claus will deliver his Christmas presents throughout Ireland and the UK in the blink of an eye.”

We has our own time lord :D :lol:

I wish you all here the very best Christmas, Happy Holidays, Mid Winter Festival or whatever you all want it to be <3
Carpe Jugulum
Antiq

Re: Ireland's Time Lord

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:34 pm

Happy Christmas to you too, Antiq! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:28 pm

Love it. :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:37 pm

How cool is that? :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:47 pm

Very good :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Nice of them of think of the kids. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to The Broken Drum