SEX! SEX! SEX!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

SEX! SEX! SEX!

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat May 30, 2009 1:06 pm

Here's an interesting trivia question for you that I'm not 100% sure of the answer.

During the time frame of a Discworld book, how many people have had sex?

Magrat and Vimes had babies but the sex didn't occur in any book. Nanny Ogg and Casanunder were both famous for having sex, but as far as I know, not in any book.

I think the answer is two (with each other, obviously!), but I could be wrong.
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat May 30, 2009 1:35 pm

Depends on how long you take to read one doesn't it... :P

Or are you just talking about the characters in the book? :shock:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat May 30, 2009 1:44 pm

I’m talking about the characters! :roll:

(I actually typed it out originally, checked it and changed the word "people" for "characters" so as not to cause confusion. But my computer turned itself off before I could post it, because it was too hot. So I waited 20 minutes, turned it on and retyped it but forgot to change the word again :oops:)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 30, 2009 3:57 pm

What about Carrot and Angua? There's a scene in Men at Arms where Carrot comes into his room and finds Angua in his bed. While what happens next isn't graphically described, it's pretty obvious. :wink:

I was trying to think of another couple, but realised that I was actually thinking of Good Omens.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby poohbcarrot » Sat May 30, 2009 4:13 pm

Tonyblack wrote:What about Carrot and Angua? There's a scene in Men at Arms where Carrot comes into his room and finds Angua in his bed. While what happens next isn't graphically described, it's pretty obvious. :wink:

Those are the only 2 people I could think of. Apart from them, who?
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sat May 30, 2009 6:45 pm

:lol: :twisted: :lol: Way to get our attention Pooh!

Carrot and Angua are the only two actually "caught" in the act... i.e. squeaking springs.

Nobby and the Stripper/Dancer are hinted at, not sure how that relationship progressed after Angua and Cheery spoke with her.

Detritus joined the watch to be "Good Enough" for Ruby... hmmmm.
Aha! So, Bob's yer uncle... very clever.
Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat May 30, 2009 7:01 pm

They certainly 'courted' - that very romantic tree that Detritus gave Ruby in Moving Pictures... As for making the earth move - well maybe not :lol: Everyone would have been bound to notice that.... :twisted:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby mspanners » Sun May 31, 2009 8:59 am

I think Gaspode had a relationship with someone's Leg once !

Sacharissa Cripslock may have Married William de Worde.... She had a Wedding Ring on in Going Postal.

Ysabell and Mort had a Child...... Susan

Princess Keli and The wizard Cutwell?

Probably.

Nijel the Destroyer and Conina?

Ya. :)
mspanners

Postby bookworm 303 » Sun May 31, 2009 9:46 am

at the end of thief of time susan had a "perfect moment". Does it count as "caught in the act"?
bookworm 303

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun May 31, 2009 10:41 am

I think I may have found one definite (almost!) :twisted: It's in Witches Abroad and it's the tall skinny lady that Granny gets her ball dress from - Lady Volentia D'Arrangement and when she wakes feeling rather confused she's staggering around in a corridor and 'bumps' into Greebo the wicked ginger tomcat masked Human.... :twisted:

... we only see her again later, still stunned but with a smile on her face :P
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun May 31, 2009 2:58 pm

Oooh Oooh Oooh, I know that one, Lady D'Arrangement winds up sitting in the rose garden, very depressed, blowing her nose, after almost being beaned by an old woman on a broomstick wearing what looked like her OWN dress in the blur of speed, with her boots ploughing through the rose bushes, before the curve of flight took her up. And some Filthy, Smelly Tomcat kept brushing up against her legs.

"And it had started off as such a lovely evening... " 'ullo, yer Ladyship?" She looked around at the bushes. "My name's Casanunda." said a hopeful voice. ""

Location: Byron IL USA and The Quirm School for Young People ... it's genetic, you know

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun May 31, 2009 3:08 pm

:lol: PMSL

I'm still making my way over to that bit - so she may have 'scored' twice then? :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun May 31, 2009 3:11 pm

She was pretty hot and bothered about "Greebo", but he had issues with all the hassles of human-ness and turned back into a cat. She confused him with her desire to "meet in the garden" nudge, nudge wink, wink. So, only the hopeful Casanunda may have gotten the prize :lol:

Postby Tina a.k.a.SusanSto.Helit » Sun May 31, 2009 3:18 pm

mspanners wrote:I think Gaspode had a relationship with someone's Leg once !
I am SURE Gaspode had many a relationship with various legs! :lol:

mspanners wrote:Sacharissa Cripslock may have Married William de Worde.... She had a Wedding Ring on in Going Postal.
Yup.

mspanners wrote:Ysabell and Mort had a Child...... Susan
Fer sure.

mspanners wrote:Princess Keli and The wizard Cutwell?
Oh Yeah, nobody blushes that well without getting a little.

Nijel the Destroyer and Conina?

Ya. :)[/quote] :lol: :lol: WOW You are Good... :twisted:

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sun May 31, 2009 5:14 pm

Then there was Cohen and Bethany - but he was after her masseuse skills mostly and she was a leetle bit worried about her 'qualifications' :twisted:
Jan Van Quirm

Next

Return to The Broken Drum