Christmas shopping!

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Christmas shopping!

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Who's started? Who hasn't? Who wants to stab me just for starting this thread? And, what are you putting on your list?
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Re: Christmas shopping!

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:44 pm

Stab, stab, stab.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:44 pm

:lol: :mrgreen:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:48 pm

Staby staby staby
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:57 pm

I feel a pattern forming.
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:05 pm

what ever do you mean Image
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:08 pm

:D

Here's the really sick thing. I used to shop all year long and tuck away the gifts until Christmas. I usually had them all wrapped right after Thanksgiving. Now, I'm lucky if I get started in Nov., which sucks because it was really nice spreading that expense out over a whole year. But, the things people want have changed so much that it's not easy to pick things up here and there anymore. :( I used to get a lot of gifts at antique stores.
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:14 pm

after the roaring success of last year for the most part I'm not bothering with Christmas this year
the exception being with my nephews they'll get something I don't know what yet but I'm sure it will be nice
Ghost

Postby chris.ph » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:59 pm

ive got my mothers and my three nephews sorted just my fathers and a little something for my sister. rosanna and i never buy each other presents but we do just get something we want, i do cheat though and normally buy her a surprise :D :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Catch-up » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Ghost, sounds like your last Christmas wasn't a lot of fun. :( Sorry! It will at least be fun picking stuff out for your nephews. You should treat yourself to something special, like a gift or a meal out.

Chris you're doing good! I'm maybe half finished. Derek and I don't get each other gifts either. We usually just consider our vacation as our gift to each other. I cheat a little too and get stuff for his stocking. This year I'm going to buy a few small items from ThinkGeek.com to put in it. The funny thing is, I have to remember to put a little something in my stocking too. The poor guy never makes it out to any stores and I do the bills so he can't charge something and surprise me. :lol: One year I totally forgot. You should have seen the look on the girls' faces when they realized Santa didn't leave mom anything in her stocking! :lol: They were trying to figure out what I did to deserve that.
Catch-up

Postby michelanCello » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:02 pm

Catch-up wrote::D

Here's the really sick thing. I used to shop all year long and tuck away the gifts until Christmas. I usually had them all wrapped right after Thanksgiving. Now, I'm lucky if I get started in Nov., which sucks because it was really nice spreading that expense out over a whole year. But, the things people want have changed so much that it's not easy to pick things up here and there anymore. :( I used to get a lot of gifts at antique stores.

I'm pretty much the same, when I see something that's perfect for somebody I get it and hide it till christmas (by which time I've either already forgotten about it or not :lol: ), but this year is just horrible, I'm soooo behind and I'm not really in the mood either :?
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Batty » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 pm

I've got most of the presents. I just need maybe two more, but it is so irritating having to stay home when a parcel is due for delivery.
ImageImage
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:24 pm

Finished and wrapped :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby pip » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:07 am

I've been getting bits and pieces all year as I see them and think that'll be good for .....
We finished Harry's stuff in early October and had everyone elses by Halloween. For some people we're baking so that'll be a tad closer to the day but we've all the non perishable ingredients already for that .
It realy annoys people when I tell them we're all sorted but it makes Christmas so much more chilled . Its nice to soak up the atmosphere without panic buying
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby Catch-up » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:07 pm

You guys are good! I agree Pip, panic buying is the worst. I used to be able to pick up things all year, but everyone's changed so much, I'm never quite sure what they'll want. A lot of things I bought were from antique stores, but we've all been purging most of our stuff. Derek decided that we should get the girls tablets this year! I'm going to get one too, so the girls and I are tech-ing up! :shock:

Vivian's really excited about the gifts she's giving this year. She took a lot of photos on our trip and my sister asked if she would give her a print of one of her big horn sheep shots. So we picked several of her photos and ordered "deco prints", which as far as I can tell are just printed on thick 4x4 cardstock. I'm anxious to see how they turn out! I'm going to buy little easel stands to go with them.
Catch-up

Next

Return to The Broken Drum