How do you feel today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 6

Postby wicked woman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:51 am

Janet and Chilli, know how you feel. I gave up work as a gardener as I was spending most of my wages on chiropractors. BTW Chilli, is the port for internal application or do you massage it in? :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:22 pm

Now it's Friday and an application of strong liquor will be coming my way very soon.....mixed with ginger ale and sipped with the greatest of pleasure. Not too much as I've my annual eye test in the morning and it wouldn't do if they were crossed and bloodshot ;)
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby wicked woman » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm

:lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:34 pm

:lol:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby chillicamper » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:02 am

Frustrated and angry at East Hampshire District Council. Despite all of our objections the planning officer in charge of the case looks set to recommend permission to build the 80 near us :roll: :(

His report runs to over 50 pages so I won't bore you with all his flawed arguments.

However, my disbelief and frustration with the system stems from the fact that only 2 weeks ago EHDC formally put in place their Joint Core Strategy - an official document laying out where new housing should be located within the whole EHD area.

The 2 villages of Four Marks/Medstead were 'allocated' 175 houses to be built between now and 2028 (although this would be reviewd in 5 years).

Now over 100 of this figure have already been given permission, so another 80 will take us over that figure. The councils argument seems to be that national legislation gives presumtion that as long as the building is sustainable it must be allowed :shock:

We were hoping that this would be a test case and EHDC would actually grow a pair and refuse this.

Formal voting by committee is due to take place on the 23rd. We will turn out in force to show our case, but as residents we are only allowed a single 3 minute slot to talk to the committee. The Parish Council also get 3 minutes. But I can't see EHDC voting against their planning officer's report recommendation.

So if this is allowed we have the following developments already being touted by developers.

51 Beechlands
144 Barn Lane
45 Winchester Rd
76 Lymington Bottom Rd (part of an overall piece of land earmarked for up to 650)
25 Cedar Stables
144 Beechlands/Stoney Lane
32 Telegraph Lane/Blackberry lane

I'm soon gonna be living in an urban sprawl, not a village. There will be no water pressure, the roads will break up further under weight of traffic, you won't get to see a Dr or get a school place, the place will stink of sewerage (as the sewerage systems fail, which all the new systems do on our soil).......but it doesn't matter to the developers - they will have left and moved on to rape some more of our countryside for profit.

:text-protest: .....Sorry for the rant - had to get that off my chest. :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby janet » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:26 am

Quite understandable Chilli. The situation seems to get worse with every report but that many extra properties springing up in a few short years is way OTT :shock:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Ghost » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:31 am

I know how you feel about your issues about your town planning committee
I had the almost the same issues 4 years ago my local area tried to stop a cricket club being built right smack next door to me
ripping up a large open area of land and destroying the habitat of many species of fauna and flora
resorting to dirty tricks for example drilling for methane pockets in the middle of a skylark nesting ground during the middle of nesting season, hiring "local" gangs to set fires across the field and increased vandalism and theft within the surrounding area using the field to escape to. Now we get a fair amount of field fires anyway dry grass etc.. but it increased 5 fold during the time the time that they were applying for planning permission and last of all and this is two fold making empty promises to the local schools that the waterways that host a large amount of different species of frogs, toads and newts would be made into a wildlife reserve whilst re-routing the underground streams that feed those very same waterways which they had absolutely no authority to do either.

my rant over now
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby chillicamper » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:41 am

janet wrote:Quite understandable Chilli. The situation seems to get worse with every report but that many extra properties springing up in a few short years is way OTT :shock:

We've tried asking the council why they don't look at the whole situation - i.e. all planning for all the developments as a whole - makes much more sense to see what a strain it puts on the infrastructure.........but no.....they have to look at each separate development in isolation.......madness :roll:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:16 am

Chilli, I'm so sorry. Makes you wonder if they're really that short-sighted, or if their pockets are getting lined. Or, sometimes the laws are slanted so heavily in favor of the developers that the councils end up having no real power.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby mirandashell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:38 pm

I'm feeling befuddled. I'm having one of those days where I should be doing things to a complicated spreadsheet but as soon as I get into the groove, someone interrupts me.
I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?
mirandashell

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:20 pm

Mir is that because your mind is on other things. ;) :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby mirandashell » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:26 pm

oh lor yes! The last two weeks, my mind has been walking along Gwithian beach. Lord knows who's been doing my job cos it ain't been me!

:D
I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?
mirandashell

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:52 pm

I thought it was the arse kisser that was doing it. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:54 pm

Rant all you want chilli. I'd be upset as well.

Good luck with all things spreadsheety, mirandashell.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby mirandashell » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:09 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I thought it was the arse kisser that was doing it. :lol:

He's in another office this week, getting on someone else's nerves! :D
mirandashell

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum