How do you feel today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 6

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:51 pm

Congratz! :D

Me, nervous, bordering on freaking out. I got invited to be interviewed on an internet radio show with a bunch of other sfm animators.

Never been interviewed, or on a radio show (internet or otherwise). It's more then a week away, but already stage fright is kicking in a bit. I mean, it's not that bad at the moment, and it would be worse if it was me alone. but still.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Penfold » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:26 pm

I've only had very limited experience but if you try to ignore the microphones and equipment and just chat to the interviewer as a friend or someone you've just met and is interested in what your doing, it might help. This is, of course, easier said than done but I'm sure you'll do just fine. Make sure you let us know how you get on! :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby KnightOfFewWords » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:09 pm

Hope it goes smoothly raptornx01. Thinking about these things is usually far worse than actually doing it.
KnightOfFewWords

Postby raptornx01 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:06 am

Oh I know. But it's always been an issue. it's better now in recent years, but always had serious social anxiety.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:38 am

Thanks all .

Rap, have a shot of whiskey or similar beforehand it relaxes you and your vocal chords. That's what I'd do anyway ;) .

Best of luck, let us know how you go.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby chillicamper » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:46 am

Hope it goes well Rap. I get nervous about those sorts of things too, but I find it helps if you are talking about something that really interests you. As Penfold said, making it feel like chatting to a friend and explaining to them about your interest does help.
Get me talking about trees and woodlands and I could talk to anyone :lol:

I'm aching again today. The God of DIY seems to have me firmly in his sights at the moment. I woke up in Tuesday morning at 5am with water dripping on me in bed :x So I ran around before work, found out roof sealant etc, went up in the loft to try and work out where the leak in the roof was and then had to put a tray under the drip and go to work.

Worked through my lunch so I could get away a bit earlier, came home, got my old work clothes on and got up the ladder to try and fix the roof. I think I've re-sealed the valley where 2 sections of roof meet so I'm hoping I've stopped the leak :pray: . Could'nt see any particular place it could be leaking so just re-sealed the whole valley.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:13 am

Fingers crossed eh. It's good you're a handy guy.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Catch-up » Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:32 am

Jeez Chilli! Busy weekend. :shock: Sorry you barely had time to recover before having to deal with the roof. Hope you can get it taken care of quickly.

Janet, glad you're not sore any more. It's always a good plan to keep moving so it doesn't get worse.

Sister J, congrats! :D

Rap, I can totally relate. I have awful stage fright. Got a call from the show Dateline once, they wanted to interview me. I had to say, sorry, I have paralyzing stage fright, but thanks anyway. My mother still hasn't forgiven me for turning them down. My B.I.L. has been interviewed on TV and he hates it too. His tips were the same as Penfold's, pretend you're talking to a friend. Try to ignore the camera, microphone. If you can practice what you're going to say, do it over and over and try not to talk to fast. Good luck! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby janet » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:16 pm

Very VERY relieved that my daughter has at last PASSED HER DRIVING TEST!!!!

:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-jumpeveryone:
It was a long time a-comin' folks!!
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby michelanCello » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Yayyy! Congratulations to your daughter! :clap: :D

I got a phone call today from a company that provides airport services (check-ins and suchlike), whom I had sent my CV to and they're going to call me back next week to set a date for an interview (this time they only wanted to ask if I would like to do part-time or full-time). I'm quite excited about this, I've always wanted to work at an airport :D
Although I'm sort of hoping to hear from another job I applied for... :pray:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby janet » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:28 pm

That sounds like a really great job for you Mici. It would do no harm to find out more about it and just think how very lucky they would be to have you 8-) And the other job..........?
janet

Postby michelanCello » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:32 pm

...is a 6 month internship at the Dutch Embassy in Budapest, which would be P E R F E C T. But I'm starting to lose faith :( they said they were going to let me know before the end of March, so... Image
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:38 pm

Can't you give them a nudge.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby janet » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:39 pm

It does sound perfect! Is it OK to phone embassies to give them a little reminder of what they said? All good wishes for a successful outcome Mici :pray:
janet

Postby janet » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:40 pm

Aye up Dug! Great minds.......... :lol:
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum