How do you feel today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 6

Postby wicked woman » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:14 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Fairly chuffed with myself as I've just done my first ever upload to YouTube :P I should really post them in the Terry Pratchett forum/Strangely Fascinating thread as they're to do with that but not everyone would see it so posting a link to the SF blogsite here so you can see some familiar names and faces...

HERE

Loved it! Need to be a super quick reader though.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:47 pm

Yeah - I don't what happened there because the original files had it timed much better so you could read them - there's always the pause button though... :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby chillicamper » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:57 am

Knackered....again. :lol:

Why can I not just sit and chill at weekends. I always end up getting restless and finding stuff to do :roll:

This weekends list includes:

Collecting D's mate from the next town and taking him home later.
Fitting a new horn to Jose
Fitting new headlight relay to Jose
Taking Karen's mum to Basingstoke shopping with Karen
Fitting new curtains in D's room
Walking a couple of miles delivering planning consultation leaflets around the area for the parish council with Karen
Taking the kids to see their Nanny
Writing a lengthy planning objection letter
Food shopping
Driving to pick up some flat pack book shelves/storage from Argos.....Finding that the out of town argos with easy parking has closed....Driving into the centre of Winchester to the other Argos......finding out the carpark closest to the shop is shut so had to park over 1/2 mile away......picking up 3 flat pack items weiging 30kg.....carrying them 1/2 mile through the centre of Winchester to the where I had eventually managed to park my car. Stopping at a pedestrian crossing and wondering how I was going to pick up all the stuff again.....having a lovely chap ask if I wanted some help (who then helped me carry the stuff the final 100 yards to the car)........Loading the car and then sitting there for 5 minutes to check I wasn't going to have a heart attack before driving home.
Assembling the storage units and bookshelf with the kids
Deciding that D's other old wardrobe is looking a bit wobbly so re-screwing that and fixing it to the wall as well.
Fighting to get the cardboard packing from the flat packs into the recycling bin
Having a bonfire to burn up some garden rubbish

I think that's all.....although the weekend has been a bit of a blur.....so I might have missed some things. :lol:

For some reason I ache a bit today. :think: :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby janet » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:28 am

Me too Chilli! Been redoing my garden to fit the Master Plan formulated 20 years ago. Involved 'walking' old quarried paving slabs a short distance and rough laying them, also carrying numbers of the big river-bottom stones which are everywhere under my soil and have been dug up by the tonne over the years and using them for edging. I sneezed this morning and thought my ribs were exploding :shock: Should know better at my age! Thank gods for paracetamol.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby wicked woman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:14 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Yeah - I don't what happened there because the original files had it timed much better so you could read them - there's always the pause button though... :P

Will use that.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby michelanCello » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 am

Phew Chilli, just reading that list has made me tired :lol: sit down, have a cup of tea and relax!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:06 pm

Chilli you should have had them delivered. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chillicamper » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Chilli you should have had them delivered. :)

Yup!....my fault for being impatient and wanting to get the job done on a Sunday. :D Plus, it cost less to drive there than pay the delivery. It would have been ok if the car park right next to the shop had been open. Nevermind it was a good cardiovascular work out :lol:
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:06 pm

:auto-ambulance: Feel better soon, chilli and Janet.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:04 pm

Not so bad now :D No more slabs to move now so just some weeding and planting today has got me through the pain barrier and out the other side. Went to visit one of my gardens to discuss starting again and, not only is it more than ready for work to start but all the bulbs i planted in the autumn are looking very good :D
So I feel as though I am not too rubbish at my job :doh:
janet

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:35 pm

Jeez, Argos (furniture shop?) doesn't have a pick-up spot around the back/side?

Nice work, janet 'The Muscles' Greenthumb.

I feel relieved, I was assessed and passed some new skills at work yesterday.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby chillicamper » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:01 am

janet wrote:Me too Chilli! Been redoing my garden to fit the Master Plan formulated 20 years ago. Involved 'walking' old quarried paving slabs a short distance and rough laying them, also carrying numbers of the big river-bottom stones which are everywhere under my soil and have been dug up by the tonne over the years and using them for edging. I sneezed this morning and thought my ribs were exploding :shock: Should know better at my age! Thank gods for paracetamol.

Walking heavy slabs - I can feel the back pain just thinking about it :lol:

Sister Jennifer wrote:Jeez, Argos (furniture shop?) doesn't have a pick-up spot around the back/side?

I feel relieved, I was assessed and passed some new skills at work yesterday.

Well done on the assessment SJ

Argos is an 'everything catalogue shop' anything from electrical, toys, furniture etc etc. .......and no, this one is in a shopping centre with a car par underneath - which would still be a bit of a pain to carry stuff to, but the car park was shut - so it was a lot of a pain. :roll: :lol:
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:21 am

Well done on the assessment Sister J. :clap:
wicked woman

Postby Penfold » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:54 am

Well done Sister. :clap:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby janet » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:57 am

Nice going Sister J :D
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum