How do you feel today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 6

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:29 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:I'm feeling very chuffed.

Just got a lovely surprise in the post from Janet - a little bag of various goodies like lip balm and wet wipes, that I can take with me to the hospital.

I won't be taking the shower gel, mind. I'm not allowed to shower for five days after the surgery! :shock:

Thank you Janet. Very thoughtful of you, and very much appreciated.

Enjoy the bed baths Bouncy. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:37 pm

:shock:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:38 pm

wicked woman wrote:
The Mad Collector wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:Bad luck, Dug. It was good the guy got you another yoghurt very cultured of him.,Image :lol:

:lol:

Feeling better today after being really ill yesterday afternoon and evening, just my luck when I have Kadri staying here this week. :( I managed to cook for her but couldn't face anything myself so toast this morning is my first meal since toast yesterday morning. We were planning on eating out yesterday as well, oh well she is still here one more night before she moves back home to Estonia after two and a half years in the UK.

I'm just getting over the sniffes myself,do hardly ever get a cold but my immune system has taken a dive, the end my nostrils feels like they have been rubbed with sandpaper due to a very runny nose, Mad hope you're well enough to enjoy your friends company before she goes back home.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:39 pm

Dug.

I know they're more expensive, but Kleenex Balsam tissues really do help keep the sore nose down to a minimum.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:42 pm

Thats what I was using Bouncy, as well as Boots Aqua cream before I went to bed, if not it would be hanging in tatters, as we say up here here my nose was running like a burn( translation)river/stream) ;) :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby michelanCello » Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:53 pm

Bouncy, how's your cold? Is the surgery still going to happen?

Hugs to everyone who needs them!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:34 pm

Well I feel I'm being watched and threatened I mentioned yesterday that I went to Waitrose in Stirling for some shopping, on the spur of the moment I bought one of their Banoffee pies, digestive biscuit base, a thick layer of toffee, fresh bannana slices, with a thick layer of fresh cream topped with dark chocolate flakes, tried some a small slice, absolutely delicious.
later on had a little more then Thought I must put this away in the fridge or I will end up pigging out and eating it all, a few hours later I took the Filter coffee out of the fridge opened the package to put in in an air tight container and thought again a slice with the coffee while reading the paper, so I had a generous portion which left a half of it, now every time I go into the fridge it looks at me and I hear the words EAT MEMY WILL POWER is weakening it's tempting me. Oh well!!! time for coffee. :lol: ;) that piccy does not do it justice. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Penfold » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:37 pm

mmmmmmm....... I love Banoffee pie.

I took my mum to a classy restaurant called the Hungry Monk in the village of Jevington for one of her birthdays. It is quite a long trip and I paid for a chauffeur driven limo there and back (I knew the owner so it was a cheap deal of around £80 for the night, the round trip being about 60miles or 85km plus waiting time). The restaurant is an old thatched cottage and you go into a 'private living room' type of thing with antique leather furniture and decorations. The maitre de makes sure you are comfortable and you sit in front of a real log fire while sipping drinks while perusing the menu. He takes your order and when the meal is ready he comes back and takes you through to the dining room. The meal was around £35 per head for two courses and the wine list ranged in price from around £20 to some bottles at over £1000! Needless to say that it is a jacket and tie sort of establishment. After the meal you go back to your 'living room' for coffee and liqueurs.There is no rush or any of this two sitting nonsense, the table is yours for the evening and they close whenthe last customers leave. The best part of all this is that THEY INVENTED BANOFFEE PIE which made me think I had died and gone to heaven! :D :D :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:06 pm

What a lovely thing to do for your mum, that's a great story Penfold.

That banoffee pie would have been in my tummy loooong before my will-power had worked out what was going on.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:00 pm

What a great night out with your mom Penfold! Never had Banoffee pie, but it sounds good.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:56 pm

Penfold wrote:mmmmmmm....... I love Banoffee pie.

I took my mum to a classy restaurant called the Hungry Monk in the village of Jevington for one of her birthdays.

Sadly you can't go there anymore it closed in January 2012 :(

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/9472404.Sussex_creators_of_Banoffee_Pie_serve_last_slice_as_Eastbourne_restaurant_closes/
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby janet » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:18 pm

You're very welcome Bouncy. I'm just pleased it arrived safely as the shower gel was a last minute addition before i wrapped it and when the woman in the Post Office asked what was in it she had to look up shower gel to make sure it wasn't on the list of banned substances :shock: :o I hoped they hadn't jumped on it to test my packing and apologies for the 'belt and braces' approach to parcel wrapping :lol: If it had been something explosive it would never have escaped from the sellotape.

I make banoffee pie about twice a year. There's a wonderful product in the UK called Carnation Caramel which makes this pudding the easiest in the world. It's a construction job. Crushed digestives and melted butter for the base. Squash into a loose-bottomed pie tin. Cover this with a layer of thinly sliced bananas, then the caramel, then lots of whipped double cream, then lots of grated dark chocolate :drool:
Shall I just save this till you all arrive on your field trip?
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby janet » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:20 pm

PS The caramel comes in a tin.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Ghost » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:36 pm

mmm Banoffee pie been ages since I've had that

long day at work I go sleep now Image
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:48 pm

janet wrote:You're very welcome Bouncy. I'm just pleased it arrived safely as the shower gel was a last minute addition before i wrapped it and when the woman in the Post Office asked what was in it she had to look up shower gel to make sure it wasn't on the list of banned substances :shock: :o I hoped they hadn't jumped on it to test my packing and apologies for the 'belt and braces' approach to parcel wrapping :lol: If it had been something explosive it would never have escaped from the sellotape.

I make banoffee pie about twice a year. There's a wonderful product in the UK called Carnation Caramel which makes this pudding the easiest in the world. It's a construction job. Crushed digestives and melted butter for the base. Squash into a loose-bottomed pie tin. Cover this with a layer of thinly sliced bananas, then the caramel, then lots of whipped double cream, then lots of grated dark chocolate :drool:
Shall I just save this till you all arrive on your field trip?

Mmmm! Sounds so yummy and pretty easy to make. Is this my field trip? Are you feeding me when I get there? :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum