How do you feel today? 6

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 6

Postby Antiq » Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:27 pm

wicked woman wrote:
chris.ph wrote:there should be a club :lol: :lol:

I think there is, it's the old codgers club.

I thought that was geezers. Oh well, codgers or geezers, we're it.

I have just stabbed myself in the eye with a branch while gardening. It hurts a lot. Can hardly see what I'm typing *insert profanities here"
In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded.
Antiq

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:07 pm

Antiq wrote:
wicked woman wrote:
chris.ph wrote:there should be a club :lol: :lol:

I think there is, it's the old codgers club.

I thought that was geezers. Oh well, codgers or geezers, we're it.

I have just stabbed myself in the eye with a branch while gardening. It hurts a lot. Can hardly see what I'm typing *insert profanities here"

Some folk have the strangest hobbies, ;) hope it gets better quick. :)
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Antiq, OUCH! :( Hope it feels better soon.

I'm trying to talk myself down from a panic attack. The girls were having a snack earlier, apple slices and peanut butter, when all of a sudden Ava says that her tongue feels itchy. Then a few minutes after that, she said her throat felt weird and dry. None of us have ever had a food allergy, but it sounded worryingly like some kind of reaction. It was mild and she was fine a short time later, but that didn't stop me from having a panic attack. Mostly on the inside, so I didn't freak her out. Much. We'll just avoid peanuts and I'll call the doctor on Monday. Not sure what else to do right now.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:56 am

Maybe it was a combination of them together, if she has been OK eating them on their own.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:13 am

It's a snack they've had many times. It's probably nothing, just some weird coincidence. But I'll follow up on it, just in case.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:51 am

Hope it turns out to be nothing Catch-up.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Antiq » Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:45 am

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Some folk have the strangest hobbies, ;) hope it gets better quick. :)

Thinking of taking up something less dangerous...than gardening, I mean. Eye-stabbing is also not as fun as I imagined.

Oooh Catch-up. It could be something, or nothing. Some people have mild reactions occasionally. My son got a weird rash once after eating cashews, I kept him off nuts for a long time, but they don't appear to bother him now, so it may have just been a coincidence. Best get it checked though, no point in taking chances. I'm sure they can test her at least.
In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded.
Antiq

Postby Catch-up » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:36 am

Talked to our doctor and he said what I described was consistent with a chemical reaction to the tartness of the apple. Who knew?! He said it's completely harmless and there's nothing to treat. Just to be sure, he had us give her a little bit of peanut butter. We did. No reaction at all! He said peanut allergies are not subtle and do not clear up in a few minutes like hers did. He does want us to try some apple again, but I haven't gotten to the store to get any yet.

Poor girl. Not only was there that, but she's had a couple of mishaps at horse camp this week. She had her foot stepped on pretty good. Not broken, and she recovered quickly, but there was a swollen, bruised crescent the rest of the day. Then I went to pick her up today and found out that both she and the horse she was riding fell! :shock: She's fallen a couple of times before, but the horse has never gone down with her. Thankfully neither were hurt, and I guess she was completely unfazed. She just popped right up, said she didn't know how that happened and hopped back on.

I think I'm going to bed early tonight. :roll:
Catch-up

Postby Conforumist » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:18 am

Catch-up wrote:Antiq, OUCH! :( Hope it feels better soon.

I'm trying to talk myself down from a panic attack. The girls were having a snack earlier, apple slices and peanut butter, when all of a sudden Ava says that her tongue feels itchy. Then a few minutes after that, she said her throat felt weird and dry. None of us have ever had a food allergy, but it sounded worryingly like some kind of reaction. It was mild and she was fine a short time later, but that didn't stop me from having a panic attack. Mostly on the inside, so I didn't freak her out. Much. We'll just avoid peanuts and I'll call the doctor on Monday. Not sure what else to do right now.

I've had reactions to apples in the past. I've narrowed it down to the chemicals sprayed on the apples. I get the organic ones now and I still rinse them with hot water for a few seconds to be sure.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby chris.ph » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:23 pm

absolutely knackered, ive worked harder the last couple of days than the last month in work.... so much for a relaxing week off :roll: :roll: but the list is done and im going to have a well deserved drink :dance: :dance:

measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby wicked woman » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:22 pm

Looks good. :clap:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby The Mad Collector » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:43 pm

Great work Chris :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Quatermass » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm feeling ambivalent. Of late, my computer's playing up with ever-increasing frequency, and I may have to get a new one before long. I don't particularly want to, mostly because I don't like change. In addition, I have some sort of cold or flu. Not a particularly bad one (not yet, anyway), but enough to make me mildly ill.

But...I have made my first foray into online shopping (discounting a long time spent with eBay years ago, and that was done without any kind of credit card) a couple of days ago. I got myself a prepaid Visa card, and bought some audio drama downloads off the Big Finish website. I am now the proud owner of eight Doctor Who audio dramas, bought and legally downloaded from the Big Finish website for the princely sum of $3 Australian each: Nekromanteia, The Marian Conspiracy, The Spectre of Lanyon Moor, The Fires of Vulcan, Flip-Flop, Minuet in Hell, Seasons of Fear, and The Time of the Daleks. These stories are no longer available on CD unless you try eBay or somewhere else (the first 50 stories released in the main Doctor Who range are being discontinued in CD format, and these are amongst those whose CDs have sold out), so they make an excellent addition to my collection. :)
Have you seen the size of human brains? They're hilarious!

-The Twelfth Doctor
Quatermass

Postby Penfold » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:50 pm

I only discovered prepaid Visa cards myself the other day. They really are very useful for the smaller purchases (the only ones I could find have a £50 limit) if you don't have a debit/credit card of your own and are worried about security. :D

Excellent work there Chris, how long will it take for Duke to dig up again? ;)
Last edited by Penfold on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby mirandashell » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:51 pm

Online shopping is now a lot easier and safer than it was back in the day. I buy loads of stuff online and rarely have a problem.
I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?

My Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/UmptyOriginals
Goth Umptys available now. Geeks and Princesses coming soon!
mirandashell

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum