The Bold Knight and the stranded Princesses

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

The Bold Knight and the stranded Princesses

Postby swreader » Tue May 26, 2009 12:37 am

The girls (my two cats) have been getting Tony up to let them out earlier and earlier--so he's now staggering out, opening the screen door & back to bed (at 3:00 a.m.). :wink:

Last night, about 4:00 a.m. I heard dogs barking then Tony came and woke me to say that some dogs (running loose--which they're not supposed to be allowed to) had gone after Emily & Victoria. He'd gotten the dogs shewed off but he wasn't quite sure where the girls were--probably up a tree. :shock:

So we took flashlights and eventually located each of them--Victoria (who is generally timid and not fast or--to my knowledge--a tree climber) was approximately 25 feet up a pine tree. Emily had chosen a cottonwood and slightly higher. :D Tony, their wonderful Daddy, stood and coaxed them down, eventually, and has the scars from their landings (there were no branches for the last 10 feet or so) to prove it. :meow:

They have been quite happy to sleep in the same room with me or us all day. Wonder if they'll wake him tonight--the silly girls? :wink:
swreader

Postby Dotsie » Tue May 26, 2009 7:46 am

Aawww what a good Daddy he is! :lol:

Mr Dotsie does more DIY on the rabbit hutches than he does on our house :roll: But they reward him with kisses :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby poohbcarrot » Tue May 26, 2009 8:08 am

Bold knight in shining armour!

If Tony had climbed the tree to rescue them it could have been;

"Bald nit in shinning ardour" :lol:
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Re: The Bold Knight and the stranded Princesses

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue May 26, 2009 10:12 am

swreader wrote: Tony, their wonderful Daddy, stood and coaxed them down, eventually, and has the scars from their landings (there were no branches for the last 10 feet or so) to prove it. :meow:

Poor darlings - cats are soooo sneaky though. They can do all kinds of things that you just never know they can - like leave a sealed room (possibly through a chimney or even a keyhole); appear in a (dry) laundry basket even though you could have sworn they were nowhere near it whilst you were filling it and had not had it out of your sight for more than a few seconds and, most amazing of all - know exactly when it's the 'real' getting up time and/or dinner-time when the clocks change :shock:

poohbcarrot wrote:"Bald nit in shinning ardour"

:lol: Nah! That's when it's Sharlene jumping out the tree - her claws aren't so sharp though... :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Tue May 26, 2009 2:07 pm

:lol: Thanks guys - that made us both chuckle! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby chris.ph » Tue May 26, 2009 7:27 pm

good on you tony wot a hero :lol:
rosanna gets up at 0515 every morning to take troy out for a pee coz i never here him whingeing (honest) :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby poohbcarrot » Wed May 27, 2009 8:38 am

Bold knight in shining armour - I just wouldn't let it lie! :lol:

As I'm sure you are all well aware of, Sir Terry Pratchett is an excellent cricketer. He plays in a local league and last weekend his team played a team of local dairy farmers. As usual, Sir Terry was hitting boundary after boundary until he reached 137 not out. Then a medium paced leg break, pitched off-line, cut viciously back, went between his bat and pad and smashed the stumps.

After the game, over a pint of Turbots Really Odd, Sir Terry was chatting with the farmer who had got him out. He praised the delivery and offered to autograph anything the farmer wanted as a way of saying well-played. The farmer thought for a while then asked Sir Terry to autograph his prize Fresian cow.

However, a local newspaper reporter overheard the whole conversation and next day in the local newspaper was the headline;

"Bowled knight in signing a moo-er" :roll:

(I'll just get my coat.....)
"It's better to belong where you don't belong than not to belong where you used to belong,
remembering when you used to belong there"
-Sneebs
poohbcarrot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Wed May 27, 2009 11:56 am

:lol:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Return to The Broken Drum