Signed Items...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Signed Items...

Postby Quatermass » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:59 am

Nobody's added to this thread in ages.

So I'll add some more. In addition to the signatures already on my limited edition of Doctor Who: The Light at the End, I've added Peter Davison. Today, I've got my boxset of Doctor Who series 3 signed by Freema 'Martha Jones' Agyeman, and my copies of Storm Front and Furies of Calderon signed by Jim Butcher.
All you need to understand
Is everything you know is wrong!

-Weird Al Yankovic
Quatermass

Re: Signed Items...

Postby phalarope » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:30 am

My item does not have wide distribution, nor is the signer famous. One of my favorite professors (History) contributed a chapter to a scholarly book titled 'The Chesapeake Bay in the American Revolution'. At the time it was published I was a student in his course in colonial American history, and persuaded him to sign a copy of the book for me (I think at first he thought I was trolling for points, but I actually have an interest in Chesapeake Bay history). Found out last week that he passed away in December (tribute in the college magazine). I pulled the book from my shelves and opened it to the flyleaf and it brought back so many great memories. I remember being very diffident and embarrassed presenting him with the book after a class session and asking him to inscribe it. Thanks, Dr. Fallaw for revisionist history, Daniel Boorstin, the true history of the Salem witch trials, and accepting my term paper late.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'
-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips
phalarope

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum