Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 8

Postby Ghost » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:02 pm

Guess the liquid
saw this coming home in a heatwave
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:24 pm

I'm smiling because my mom's rummage sale got rained out at lunch time. :D I am so glad I'm not still sitting there! I never mind helping her with things, but that's always a whole lot of work for very little gain. That's my last one.

Vivian did alright with her lemonade stand. Although just an hour into her first day, tragedy struck. She was stung by a wasp - twice! :( Poor thing was really in a lot of pain for awhile. But, she recovered and gave it another shot.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:35 pm

I do have to say, as much as I hate rummage sales, I do love those moments when someone finds something they really want. The girls decided to give up all their cars. They had Matchbox, remote control, and my favorite - Automoblox. The Automoblox were one of those things that I had a hard time parting with, even though the girls were long over them. A family with 3 boys came along and they were checking out the cars. When I told the boys that the Automoblox come apart and you can mix and match them, they went nuts. I let them have the whole lot! They were so happy, they said thank you about a million times. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby chillicamper » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 am

I love those reactions.

When I was doing one of the I Wood Love That stalls the other week, a little girl came past and saw a wooden campervan bookmark that I had made. She loved it but her Dad was doing the good parent advice "Lets look round all the stalls before we buy in case you find something you like better"

So she let her dad wander off and she went and found her Mum who was looking at the next stall and told her she loved this book mark and got her mum to buy it! :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:26 pm

:lol: Good for her.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:59 pm

She has good taste ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:02 pm

Catch-up wrote:Vivian did alright with her lemonade stand. Although just an hour into her first day, tragedy struck. She was stung by a wasp - twice! :( Poor thing was really in a lot of pain for awhile. But, she recovered and gave it another shot.

Puir wee thing! :( Very brave of her to go again. Last time I got stung I whined all day :shifty:

The inlaws did a rummage sale today, we got out of it by means of rushing to finish our renovations. No kitchen, no hot water, no rummage sale! (it's my new motto)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Chilli, love that story! Smart little girl. 8-)

Great motto Dotsie, stick with it! And, I'm with you. Last time I got stung it hurt so much I thought I was going to pass out. :(

Vivian made me smile again today. We'd just listened to a Bruno Mars song coming home from an errand. She told me how much she likes his singing, and I said that they put on a great show. So she wanted to see a video of him. I showed her the one of him doing Valerie as a tribute to Amy Winehouse. She said, with this hushed, awed voice, "He just closes his eyes and sings!" A few quiet beats, then, "Mama? Is he married?"

Last edited by Catch-up on Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Catch-up

Postby Penfold » Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:14 pm

The last time I got stung (twice as well) I was wearing an On Street Parking Attendant's (aka Traffic Warden) uniform. Needless to say I got absolutely no sympathy whatsoever! :lol:

Good motto Dotsie. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Sister Jennifer » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:16 am

Clever kid eh Chilli? Great story.

Ouch wasps. A job for Mr Brooks I think. I like that song as well.

Drinking coffee that we grew, dried, roasted & ground ourselves made me smile today. Delish!
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby janet » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Ghost wrote:Guess the liquid

My guess is the cup of tea you made but forgot the teabag since no one else mentioned it.
Guess how i know that?

The rain has filled up the water barrel the birds use for whatever they need to do. Their joy at finding it full made me smile. Baths all morning :D
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 pm

janet wrote:
Ghost wrote:Guess the liquid

My guess is the cup of tea you made but forgot the teabag since no one else mentioned it.
Guess how i know that?

The rain has filled up the water barrel the birds use for whatever they need to do. Their joy at finding it full made me smile. Baths all morning :D

nope I wish it was tea or at least milky water
Ghost

Postby Ghost » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:21 pm

seeing pictures of my youngest nephew who has
gotten his hands on a lot of blue poster paint I can't show you guys the piccy
but I can show you lot a visual reference to how he looks now
Ghost

Postby Penfold » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:09 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Conforumist » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:04 am

We're almost finished the renovations! Hopefully, I will post some pics tomorrow. Hard to believe we started on June 28th.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum