Good God, America...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Good God, America...

Postby raisindot » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:56 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Ghost wrote:yet no one has batted a eyelid at the buffalo wing favoured soda

Well, obviously that's a joke. Buffalos don't have wings.

They do after you've drunk about three bottles of Buffalo Wing Soda.
raisindot

Postby majomull » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:08 pm

I suppose if you drank a buffalo wing and a ranch flavor at the same time it would be just like eating the same. Or not.
I can't make fun of this stuff too much considering that I like Moxie. Crap- can't get the link to work from work computer, but if you have never heard of Moxie do a web search. This could lead to a topic on Strange Regional DElicacies.
Whiskey is sunlight held together with water.
majomull

Postby raisindot » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:47 pm

Well, you know, Majomull, we are from the place that proudly claims baked beans as its own culinary contribution and is responsible for foisting NECCO wafers upon the world....
raisindot

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:45 pm

Baked beans - yum!

Necco wafers - just looked them up, they're just sugar and colouring! :shock: Apparently they switched to natural colours and flavours, everyone complained so they switched back to artificial :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:54 pm

Dotsie, American baked beans are not the same as British ones.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Sister Jennifer » Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Ghost wrote:I had similar trouble explaining picklelilly to a friend in the US except that picklelilly is absolutely delicious Image

I'd never heard the word picklelilly before in my life and now twice in a week. The other time was on an episode of The Royle Family I was watching earlier in the week.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:04 pm

Dotsie wrote:Baked beans - yum!

Necco wafers - just looked them up, they're just sugar and colouring! :shock: Apparently they switched to natural colours and flavours, everyone complained so they switched back to artificial :lol:

Just like candy floss Dotsie, the damage I did to my teeth with that stuff when I was a kid. :roll:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:03 am

Tonyblack wrote:Dotsie, American baked beans are not the same as British ones.

Been to Boston Tony, beans were the least weird thing we ate :lol: In case anyone's wondering, salt water taffy - eww! And Hershey kisses - double eww! Both look like sweets, but aren't! :angry-jumpinganger:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby raisindot » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:Dotsie, American baked beans are not the same as British ones.

Been to Boston Tony, beans were the least weird thing we ate :lol: In case anyone's wondering, salt water taffy - eww! And Hershey kisses - double eww! Both look like sweets, but aren't! :angry-jumpinganger:

Salt water taffy I get. That was some misanthropic ol' Yankee's mean joke on unsuspecting tourists and children.

But Hershey's kisses? They're solid chocolate in the same of a little bell. What's not to like?
raisindot

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:42 pm

I had a bag of Hershey's Kisses sent to me. I managed to eat about three of them before I gave up. I've had tastier earwax! :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:53 pm

:lol: They're really bitter! I took them into work, they soon disappeared.
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:28 pm

raisindot wrote:Salt water taffy I get. That was some misanthropic ol' Yankee's mean joke on unsuspecting tourists and children.

But Hershey's kisses? They're solid chocolate in the same of a little bell. What's not to like?

Er - is Hershey's chocolate really chocolate? I have a theory that Bertie Botts every-flavour beans (especially the earwax and bogey ones) were inspired by a trip round their factory... :P
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:13 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
raisindot wrote:Salt water taffy I get. That was some misanthropic ol' Yankee's mean joke on unsuspecting tourists and children.

Er - is Hershey's chocolate really chocolate? I have a theory that Bertie Botts every-flavour beans (especially the earwax and bogey ones) were inspired by a trip round their factory... :P

It tastes like machine oil chocolate. Image Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby =Tamar » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:35 am

Much as I would like to defend them, I must admit that Hershey's Kisses don't taste good to me either. However, many of their other products still taste all right to me. I actually don't like too high a cocoa count - you can have the dark chocolate, I'll take the milk chocolate.
=Tamar

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 pm

Someone sent me a Hersheys bar once. Disgusting.

I once sent a box of UK chocolates of various types (mainly bars of Galaxy, which is the best chocolate in the world), to an internet buddy who lives in Arkansas.

It took about 3 months to arrive, and when it did so, arrived in a heatwave.

He told me he had to pour the chocolate into the freezer compartment of his fridge and leave it for several hours before he could begin to think of trying it.

It was, he said, much better than US chocolate, as we don't have the rule that an anti-melting chemical be put into it.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum