What are you doing tomorrow? 4

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What are you doing tomorrow? 4

Postby chris.ph » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:59 pm

i think my vectra has turned into christine, its done 140000miles and doesnt need anything other than diesel to keep it going, i check the oil once every 6 months and it never uses any, ive changed it more often than i top it up :shock: i have got to respray the bonnet tho as the laquer cracked so i sanded it :lol: :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:51 pm

PAY DAY at last first things first buy a ticket to the (hopefully) new Dave Gorman Power-point show in
Brum for November next year
then go out pay bills put some money aside for day out with a friend from work for this November.
And a touch of shopping I'm running low on some items
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:12 pm

Sounds like a good plan Ghost!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:14 pm

yes it is now watch it all fall to pieces
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:21 pm

Ah, yes. I'm so familiar with that.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby janet » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Scarifying lawns :scared-eek: with a borrowed machine which makes my arms go dead after 10 minutes.
Every bloody year I do this. WHY? It's just part of what I do but deadheats with raking leaves for the number one crap job prize :twisted:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Ghost » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:30 pm

my only real day off is now in tatters the one day when I don't have to deal with work, nephews or my sister the one day when I can sleep in and not have to do anything gone...
I HAVE to go to a 3 hour meeting at work tomorrow I loath these meetings with a passion
but on the sightly more brighter side because I live so far away from my co-workers and there are no buses that early on a Sunday I get take a taxi and my work is paying for it :lol:
Ghost

Postby Penfold » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:22 pm

I've got the 'pleasure' of one of those next week, except that its being treated as overtime since it falls on my day off. However, because I am only part time I only get basic rate. (Since when has doing overtime been compulsory anyway?) Fortunately, I have managed to negotiate time off in lieu rather than cash. This is better than a couple of friends who are still owed for overtime from back in April and are still expected to do overtime even now. :evil:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby wicked woman » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:25 pm

That's rotten ghost.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Ghost » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:34 pm

can't be helped I'll just have to bare it for the time being and hope that there isn't any
dumbass "team building" sessions
Ghost

Postby chillicamper » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:46 am

Ghost.....I can't think of anything less likely to build team spirit than pull people in on their day off! Hopethat you can fall asleep quietly in the corner :lol:

janet wrote:Scarifying lawns :scared-eek: with a borrowed machine which makes my arms go dead after 10 minutes.
Every bloody year I do this. WHY? It's just part of what I do but deadheats with raking leaves for the number one crap job prize :twisted:

Ooooo. I remember those days. Scarifying and top dressing this rich guys lawn and he used to complain that it looks a mess afterwards. Everytime we did it, we had to remind him how he enjoyed his visitors complimenting him on the lush green lawn and that he wouldn't had this lush green lawn if it didn't look a bit scruffy for a week or two. :roll:

And raking leaves - you have my sympathies -I remember moving 5 transit van loads of leaves of the Queens Hotel car park, only to come back from lunchbreak to find a carpark covered in leaves again :evil:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby janet » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:57 am

Scarifying done for another autumn...and I almost needed a week off to recover :( The wet weather gave me a couple of days respite anyway.
I always warn people that their lawn will look shabby for a while but at this time of year they're not going out to sit and gaze upon it anyway.
Tomorrow I hope to be returning the scarifier as my friend's van died about an hour after he dropped the machine off to me and it's still taking up the space in the garage where the lawnmower should be. The lawnmower is in the corner of my kitchen and I don't want it to get used to a soft life. Besides, I have to drape my fleece jacket over its handles to remind myself not to fall over it. My friend informs me that he has a new van...and that's not the kind of expense a gardener needs in the approach to winter :x

Sympathy to Ghost and Penfold :cry:
janet

Postby Penfold » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:43 am

Can your friend write the cost of the new van off against taxes since it is an integral part of the job and maybe get a little money back?
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Lots of sympathy for work meetings and yard work. If the weather holds out today we'll probably be raking leaves as well. I don't mind raking leaves, but we have a black walnut tree in our yard and getting those walnuts up is a nightmare.
Catch-up

Postby janet » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:08 pm

Penfold wrote:Can your friend write the cost of the new van off against taxes since it is an integral part of the job and maybe get a little money back?

I think he has a good accountant, Penners :D
He's calling in at about 7.30am so I'd better have the tea brewing while we load up the new van.
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum