Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:13 pm

It's Dotsie. She never stops! :roll: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Re: guilty pleasures

Postby Dotsie » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:21 pm

What, twinkling? I don't know how to respond to that! :lol:

Anyway, twinkle is a much nicer word than minge, and not smutty at all :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby raptornx01 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:50 pm

Gives new meaning to "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star"
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Square12 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:23 am

Tonyblack wrote:There's a difference in pronunciation between "minge" [minj] and "ming" as in "minging" though. :lol:

When I joined the army we had two lads from different parts of the country (Crewe and Newport). One looking at a picture of a bare naked lady in a magazine, one pointed out a certain part of her anatomy and declared: "look at the m**** on her!". The other chap asked what a "m****" was and when it was indicated he replied: "Oh, you mean her Qu**?"

This is an example of regional words for the same item. The two chaps in question were thereafter nicknamed respectively: "M****" and "Qu**". :lol:

Thank you English language for adopting the use of asterisks to replace smutt! :clap:

If mingy is pronounced with a hard g as in goat or mongrel then it could be a variant form of minging meaning disgusting, and tony your story reminds me of the time a colleague from Nottingham pronounced she had really bad tab ache. We then proceeded between us to ask her how either a label, a cigarette or the money owed behind a bar could ache because she was probably too young to remember tab clear! She then got very confused and proceeded to say your tabs you know your tabs eventually realising she could just point to them. It was her ears, she thought everyone called them tabs, fortunately another colleague from the Nottingham area turned up shortly after and explained.
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:30 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum