Slow forum loading

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Slow forum loading

Postby Conforumist » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:44 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I found that Norton really slowed your system down.

How would you know?? :?
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:06 pm

Because it's known for it Con - McAfee/Norton's are the 'industry leaders' in virus/security here in the UK and gets sold discounted or on 30 day free trials in bigger PC outlets like PCWorld. It significantly slows down or blocks download speeds on literally everything coming into your PC including M/S updates and the likes. Usually I don't even bother setting it up whenever I upgrade kit with it on as standard, without a choice as to whether you want it or not. :?

AVAST or AVG have free versions that are as good as (or better than) Norton and don't tie up valuable RAM, so are much faster and their paid versions are cheaper and superior in features for the average home/gaming use. McAfee/Norton are really too heavy duty/high spec for the average user and sell more for corporate and commercial database use, where they need more intense firewalls etc but they're greedy enough to want a share of the home market as well, hence the slightly reduced but still premium prices. :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Because I taken it off a couple of friends pc systems, ie run them to find out why they have slowed to a crawl it is crap and not all that effective for a rip off price, and they are a pain to get rid as they dig so deep you have to get another programe to get rid of it even after it uninstalled.

So to answer your question thats how I know.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Conforumist » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:00 am

Dug said "your" system. The joke was, how would he know it slowed "my" system down. :snooty:

Avast is slower than Norton was. And I'm paying for this one.
Conforumist

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:02 am

:roll: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Conforumist » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:28 am

(smacks Dug upside the head) ;)
Conforumist

Previous

Return to The Broken Drum