German DW Convention 2013 cancelled - better castle for 2015

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

German DW Convention 2013 cancelled - better castle for 2015

Postby Will of Lancre » Mon May 27, 2013 3:36 pm

I don't know how recent this news is or if anyone has posted it here before, but it seems that Burg Bilstein, the former venue, is under new management and the Scheibenwelt Convention organisers couldn't find a formula that worked for both of them, so the 2013 German DW Convention has had to be cancelled. :(

http://www.scheibenwelt-convention.de/news.php

However, as they say, there is good news too, as they have apparently found an even better castle for the 2015 Convention. They are not letting on what it is yet, but they have released some "spoiler" pics on FB. The best guess so far is the Wartburg (near Eisenach, Thuringia), which would be brilliant if true. (I have been there: it genuinely dates from the Middle Ages - Martin Luther translated some of the Bible there - but was "improved" by Kaiser Bill to make it even more authentically medieval. :D Verence of Lancre, eat your heart out...)
A hoho, which is like a haha only deeper
Will of Lancre

Re: German DW Convention 2013 cancelled - better castle for

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 27, 2013 3:52 pm

That's a shame as I've heard good things about the usual venue. Good news about the new place though. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Mon May 27, 2013 4:41 pm

So sorry that this year had to be cancelled. Hope you have a fabulous time in 2015! I'm looking forward to hearing about it. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue May 28, 2013 6:23 am

Pity it's cancelled but as said above if it leads to bigger and better things then it is ultimately to the good.
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Return to The Broken Drum