Funniest Typos

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Funniest Typos

Postby Perdita X » Tue May 12, 2009 3:44 pm

Come on then, lets 'ave em!

What are the funniest typing errors you have seen in print?

in our local paper some time ago a retiring park keeper was rewarded for years of faithful service by a "presentation of a silver watch and a small plague"

Perdita X
It's made of apples, well... mostly apples
Perdita X

Postby Tonyblack » Tue May 12, 2009 3:47 pm

:lol: That's funny! :lol:

I guess these have become even more common with the arrival of spellchecker programs on word processors.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Tue May 12, 2009 4:02 pm

The best ones I saw were when I worked in a hospital lab, when the ladies in our office typed patient details from forms onto the computer. Obviously I can't go into any detail, but one poor patient had his quite ordinary surname typed in as "Arse" (when I saw it I was fairly sure it was a mistake, so luckily the results didn't go out). Amazingly, it wasn't deliberate!

Another one was where a symptom had been recorded as "patient suffers from Arthur". It was actually "asthma". Imagine suffering from Arthur. He was the guy who emptied our bins, so I suppose we all suffered really.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Tue May 12, 2009 5:22 pm

we had a fleet memoradum come around when i was in the royal navy where they spelled cant wrong :lol:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue May 12, 2009 6:13 pm

Continuing that line of thinking....

my mate Bill had his own company. They'd get uncut videos of telly programmes, and have to transcribe it and time every dialogue, so that the telly company could edit it into something watchable.

One day, one of his staff was transcribing a show about drunken behaviour.

There had been a fight, and she transcribed the audio as "I didn't expect fifty c**ts".

It should have read.... I didn't expect fisticufs.

:lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Sat May 16, 2009 12:36 pm

A new noodle bar opened up near our house with "Squid's ringer" on the menu. We laughed a lot of course, but really the joke could be on us if we were actually eating squid bum :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat May 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Should be OK Dotsie - they only use the inksac from squids innards (for cooking purposes anyway) the legs and body sheath are chopped depending on how big the squid is and the sheath is where the rings come from. They're often over-fished on the Med especially so sometimes you get titchy little baby squid recognisable as such (about the size of the 1st knuckle on your little finger) and they might have the innards in them but they're v. tasty so why worry :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby superfurryandy » Sat May 16, 2009 8:28 pm

My first job at Edmonton County Court was in the days when typists were still used (late 80's) - one day, one of 'em typed an order and transposed the 'C' and the 'o' in 'County'.

I'll leave you to work it out...
superfurryandy

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Sat May 16, 2009 9:06 pm

OMG SFAndy! I used to do Probate interviews at Edmonton CC occasionally but in the early 90s! :lol:

I sometimes had to do injunctions in a hurry so they got handwritten and that 'o' in County was bloody tricky I can tell you - and I didn't transpose it either normally :oops: Luckily we eventually got laptops and the problem went away

That was quite a 'swish' building in Edmonton as I remember - or it had a really modern refurb just finished when I went there - and it was just as the courts upped their security (County Courts do 'civil' work not criminal so we didn't have the x-rays machines or even bag searches until the mid 1980s) and the 1st time I went there I was late and only just made my 1st interview 'cos I had to sign a load of stuff to get a temporary staff pass :shock:
Happy days... :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby superfurryandy » Sat May 16, 2009 10:43 pm

What a coinkydink!

We must have missed each other cos I don't remember it being swish, and I never had a staff pass :D
superfurryandy

Postby NightOwl » Fri May 22, 2009 12:43 am

enough of Courts! I too have indeed seen "C-unty Court" on badly written documents - my writing is not terribly neat...

not exactly a typo, but on the same theme when using capitals on a movie poster, there was a bit of a double-take with C LI N T Eastwood :oops:
All the World's a Stage
NightOwl

Return to The Broken Drum