terry Pratchett for alzheimers big book give away...

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

terry Pratchett for alzheimers big book give away...

Postby em_threadneedle » Mon May 11, 2009 2:28 pm

hi there!
this is my first post, so please for give me if i mess up... my friend is organising the above event, and i thought i should let you guys know all about it! i've just cut and pasted this from my friends face book page... ( http://www.facebook.com/groups.php#/ica ... 4467555054)
you can expect ...A fun filled afternoon starting off in the Carpet Department of Heals in Tottenham Court Road, then a bit of a jolly down to Fitzroy Square where we can all enjoy the sunshine (hopefully), giving away books as we go

The whole point of this is to try to raise awareness for The Alzheimer's Research Trust ( http://www.alzheimers-research.org.uk/ ), as all the books we give away will contain their leaflets.

The idea for this event was inspired by bookcrossing - which is basically (in the words the Concise Oxford English Dictionary)
bookcrossing n. the practice of leaving a book in a public place to be picked up and read by others, who then do likewise.
So if you have books to give away feel free to bring them along - but if not don't worry - just bring your beautiful self as I have enough books to share!
Check it out at www.bookcrossing.com

So... Come along and celebrate the anniversary of the Glorious Revolution of the Twenty-Fifth of May in true style - feel free to wear lavender. Or an Orangutan costume. Or just your jeans and a Tshirt...
The fun kicks off in the Carpet department of Heals department store - just opposite Goodge Street tube station - at 2.30PM (because that is where the launch party for the publication of the first Terry Pratchett book - The Carpet People - was held.

so please guys if you are on facebook check out the page, tell your friends... if your london based or fancy a day out in london please come along with or without books to share!
hopefully see lots of you there! :lol:
emma
em_threadneedle

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 11, 2009 3:04 pm

Thanks for the info - and welcome to the site! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon May 11, 2009 3:29 pm

Hope it goes well & you get plenty of converts :D I won't be there as I'm far too northern, although I don't see that as a bad thing :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chris.ph » Mon May 11, 2009 5:02 pm

welcome to the site, i cant make it either but ill be there in spirit :)
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Return to The Broken Drum