Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby janet » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:51 pm

I'd register expensive things but never take 'extended warranty' on anything. Buy the best i can afford and look after it.
Those market research questionnaires certainly are an Abomination unto Nuggan. I quite agree Tony :x
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Penfold » Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:01 pm

mirandashell wrote:Oh yes. I never register or insure anything. Teaches me to be careful with stuff and if it breaks too soon I don't buy another one.

Most household contents insurance covers any purchases you make, including an all risks section that covers accidental damage, loss, or theft outside of the house up to a certain limit. If an item is valued over that limit then you have to phone them and list that item on the policy for it to be covered, sometimes incurring an extra few quid premium. For example, all of my camera gear is covered by the 'all risks' section and valued at around £8000 if I'm carrying it all (a very, very rare occurrence). All I had to do was notify the company of each individual item each time I purchased it and pay £20 admin for it to be added as a named item. The premium remains the same but I don't have to worry about it afterwards. I never take out the shop offered insurance since you will still only get paid out once in the event of loss or damage. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby phalarope » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:25 pm

Skim milk is an Abomination Unto Nuggan. I just needed to say that. Normal service may now resume.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'
-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips
phalarope

Postby janet » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:17 am

phalarope wrote:Skim milk is an Abomination Unto Nuggan. I just needed to say that. Normal service may now resume.

True :lol: But you get used to it over time :roll:
janet

Postby Ghost » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:25 am

Math is a A.U.N.
brought a set of DVD's from a US seller and I had a sheer panic as I got the conformation email
and I misread USD as Pound Sterling christ I thought I had just spent almost £40 on DVD's
not £23.29
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby phalarope » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Ghost wrote:Math is a A.U.N.
brought a set of DVD's from a US seller and I had a sheer panic as I got the conformation email
and I misread USD as Pound Sterling christ I thought I had just spent almost £40 on DVD's
not £23.29

:lol: :lol: :lol: Having just returned from the UK, I had to keep reminding myself to double the prices. D**n, everything seemed so reasonably priced at first! :roll: It's been a relief having seen most of my credit card statements by now; I didn't overspend. Or get rooked by currency conversion fees.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips
phalarope

Postby phalarope » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:07 am

Mosquito spray trucks are an Abomination Unto Nuggan!

It's 10 pm and I've just had a cloud of malathion shot into my open windows. :shock: :evil: It hasn't rained appreciably here in over a week. There ain't no mozzies!!!! GAH!! Not to mention the sound like the deck of an aircraft carrier as the truck goes by the house. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)

Oysters have 4 lips
phalarope

Postby wicked woman » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:54 am

Crikey phalarope, I would not be happy about being casually exposed to chemicals like that. I know it's regarded as "safe" but DDT was said to be safe too. :evil:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:22 am

:shock: Very nasty for you phalarope.
janet

Postby chillicamper » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:26 am

East Hants District Council's planning dept are an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

Here's our garden after one day of rain........and this follows a dry summer. Gonna have to swim to the shed in winter. :evil: And all because EHDC don't listen to resident's concerns about the ability of the local soil to cope with water run off. Before the next door neighbours build houses on their gardens we never saw this. There is a reason the council used to have rules re no more than 4 houses per acre. They now insist on at least 10 houses per acre! :roll: Too much concrete, bricks n mortar.....not enough open land to soak it up.........And I live on the highest hill in Hampshire at the end of the South Downs :roll:

And there are plans submitted for 400-500 more houses..........Muppets :evil: :evil: :evil:

Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:56 am

Ugh. Sorry for the chemical dosing Carol. :(

Chilli, huge hugs for having to deal with such a dense council! :x
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:28 am

Bad news the milks gone off
good news the yoghurt's fresh :x
I had a unpleasant surprise waiting for me in my morning cup of tea
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby =Tamar » Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Typos in Kindle editions of books that have been in print for 25 years are an abomination unto Nuggan.
"Typos" that are the result of sloppy formatting - like footnote codes that link to the wrong footnote - are a major abomination unto Nuggan.
=Tamar

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Sep 07, 2014 5:00 pm

=Tamar wrote:Typos in Kindle editions of books that have been in print for 25 years are an abomination unto Nuggan.
"Typos" that are the result of sloppy formatting - like footnote codes that link to the wrong footnote - are a major abomination unto Nuggan.

You've been listening to Mark Reads Sourcery. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Ghost wrote:Bad news the milks gone off
good news the yoghurt's fresh :x
I had a unpleasant surprise waiting for me in my morning cup of tea

Pour it over your museli add some fruit and you're sorted for breckie. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum