Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby =Tamar » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:57 pm

chillicamper wrote: Our street is a dead end road with 4 houses down each side and 4 at the end. We all run our sewer pipes in to a big septic tank/sewerage treatment plant in the woods as we have no mains drainage. The pipe serving the houses is only about 6-7 inch diameter clay pipe......and about 60 years old.

A 12-house septic tank - wow. I'm not sure they exist in Leftpondia. I know I've never heard of one.
2014-60ish is sort of early 1950s. That sounds about right for undersized pipes and optimistic ideas about repairs.
But hooray for you for clearing it! That is noble work. I casually wonder who officially "owns" the system, anyway?
A country house of my acquaintance is on a private (and unpaved) road with a lot of others; the road is owned by one of the people on it, and that person is responsible for keeping it cleared in winter and repaired when it washes out. But at least they don't have to take care of the drains. Those are all individually owned.
=Tamar

Postby janet » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:24 am

I believe that householders in UK (would that be Rightpondia?) are all responsible for their own drains these days. Time was when we used to pay a compulsory tax called Water Rates to a national organisation known as, colloquially and unfortunately, The Water Board. Then someone came up with the bright idea of privatising public utilities and now every district has it's own Water Board. In case anyone was wondering, there is no colourful Harry King to take care of our water supply or disposal. My home is supplied by a French company.......never figured out that one :? Well anyway, I now still pay this company for my water supply and an insurance premium to someone else who promises to put right any problems.......and live in fear of anything going wrong with the system.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby phalarope » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Clothing manufacturers / retailers who do not produce / sell PLEATED ladies' capri pants (or any other style of 2-legged lower body clothing) that sit above the waist, are an Abomination Unto Nuggan. I do not wish to have the exact outline of my lower torso broadcast to the entire world, nor do I wish to have my breathing and indulgence in tasty comestibles restricted by textiles! BAH!
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'
-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips
phalarope

Postby janet » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:42 pm

There is a type of elastic-waisted, knitted jersey trouser known as a jogger. Fat people who wear these and insist on bending over so that the entire waistband of the garment in dragged down to mid-buttock (or lower) are an Abomination unto Nuggan.
PS I buy my work trousers, fine cotton cords which come all the way up to my waist, at a catalogue surplus outlet. I'd suggest going to 'old lady' shops for pants which protect decency, Carol! :lol: :oops:
janet

Postby wicked woman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:32 pm

janet wrote:There is a type of elastic-waisted, knitted jersey trouser known as a jogger. Fat people who wear these and insist on bending over so that the entire waistband of the garment in dragged down to mid-buttock (or lower) are an Abomination unto Nuggan.
PS I buy my work trousers, fine cotton cords which come all the way up to my waist, at a catalogue surplus outlet. I'd suggest going to 'old lady' shops for pants which protect decency, Carol! :lol: :oops:

Especially when they wear a thong.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:45 pm

wicked woman wrote:
janet wrote:There is a type of elastic-waisted, knitted jersey trouser known as a jogger. Fat people who wear these and insist on bending over so that the entire waistband of the garment is dragged down to mid-buttock (or lower) are an Abomination unto Nuggan.

Especially when they wear a thong.

Or commando.......bleugh! And are male.......bleugh bleugh! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
janet

Postby Penfold » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Can someone pass me the brain bleach please? :o
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby janet » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:57 pm

Still using it Penfold :x
janet

Postby mirandashell » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:23 pm

I'm next!
I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?
mirandashell

Postby wicked woman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:47 pm

We need an industrial sized can!
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby mirandashell » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:21 pm

Seeing a beautiful jacket online that looks fantastic on the model, ordering it, waiting for it with great anticipation and then when I try it on, realising it makes me look like a toffee apple......

Is an Abomination Unto Nuggan.
I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?
mirandashell

Postby janet » Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:53 am

:romance-caress: Know what you mean Mir. What I ordered once made me look like a badly stuffed sofa :shock:
janet

Postby Sister Jennifer » Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:52 am

janet wrote:I believe that householders in UK (would that be Rightpondia?) are all responsible for their own drains these days.

For a second there I saw - I believe that householders in UK are all responsible for their own brains these days.

Of course I started laughing... I'm losing my mind.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby wicked woman » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:18 am

Sister J, when you find it can you check if mines there too please.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:33 pm

wicked woman wrote:Sister J, when you find it can you check if mines there too please.

Phone or mind WW? ;)
My marbles and the plot will be close by too.

PS Sorry, Sister Jen mentioned her lost phone on another thread.
(See above re. marbles and plot)
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum