Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby chillicamper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:11 am

Blocked drains are an Abomination unto Nuggan.

I walked in through the door from work yesterday to be told the sewerage drains were blocked. Oh deep joy! :roll: I found out the drain rods and went door to door with the neighbours to find where the blockage was (3 houses down from us). 15 minutes rodding to clear the drains, then back home to scrub (lots), eat tea, sort Daniel's evening routine out, then off to a planning meeting with some other local residents to discuss potential legal action against the council and eventually got back home by 9pm.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:42 am

People who post that its X weeks to christmas are an Abomination Unto Nuggan.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:01 am

wicked woman wrote:People who post that its X weeks to christmas are an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

But it's not X weeks to Christmas, it's XXII weeks to Christmas ;) :lol:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby janet » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:47 am

Careful now! :lol: :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:50 am

The Mad Collector wrote:
wicked woman wrote:People who post that its X weeks to christmas are an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

But it's not X weeks to Christmas, it's XXII weeks to Christmas ;) :lol:

Image :lol: :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby mirandashell » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:32 am

The Mad Collector wrote:But it's not X weeks to Christmas, it's XXII weeks to Christmas ;) :lol:

:text-banplz:
I wish I was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum. Cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out your bum?
mirandashell

Postby wicked woman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:47 am

mirandashell wrote:
The Mad Collector wrote:But it's not X weeks to Christmas, it's XXII weeks to Christmas ;) :lol:

:text-banplz:

I said x to avoid spreadding the misery. :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Penfold » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:17 pm

Does saying it's only 3½ weeks to the football season kicking off make me an abomination as well? :P
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Ghost » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:41 pm

Penfold wrote:

Does saying it's only 3½ weeks to the football season kicking off make me an abomination as well? :P

come to think of it yes :P
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby =Tamar » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:11 pm

chillicamper wrote:Blocked drains are an Abomination unto Nuggan.

I walked in through the door from work yesterday to be told the sewerage drains were blocked. Oh deep joy! :roll: I found out the drain rods and went door to door with the neighbours to find where the blockage was (3 houses down from us). 15 minutes rodding to clear the drains, then back home to scrub (lots), eat tea, sort Daniel's evening routine out, then off to a planning meeting with some other local residents to discuss potential legal action against the council and eventually got back home by 9pm.

I'm puzzled, being a mere American. How can one person's drain blockage affect the entire street? How can one person with ordinary equipment unblock a sewer that far down? Around here I have the impression that a blockage at that point would require heavy equipment to dig up the street (and some waiting for the equipment to be assigned, etc). Obviously there is a different system involved.
=Tamar

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:18 pm

Penfold wrote:

Worst than Christmas Penners, you're a bad man mentioning the round ballox game off to purgatory with you. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby wicked woman » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:33 pm

Ghost wrote:
Penfold wrote:

come to think of it yes :P

How can a winter game season begin in summer and end in spring! That is an Abomination to Nuggen.
wicked woman

Postby chillicamper » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:04 pm

=Tamar wrote:
chillicamper wrote:Blocked drains are an Abomination unto Nuggan.

I'm puzzled, being a mere American. How can one person's drain blockage affect the entire street? How can one person with ordinary equipment unblock a sewer that far down? Around here I have the impression that a blockage at that point would require heavy equipment to dig up the street (and some waiting for the equipment to be assigned, etc). Obviously there is a different system involved.

I live in the country (although not for long if the developers have their way!). Our street is a dead end road with 4 houses down each side and 4 at the end. We all run our sewer pipes in to a big septic tank/sewerage treatment plant in the woods as we have no mains drainage. The pipe serving the houses is only about 6-7 inch diameter clay pipe......and about 60 years old. It connects all the houses down each side of the road then runs across the 4 houses at the end of the street and through into the woods. If it blocks up at this point, the whole road backs up. The drains are easily accessed through manhole covers and are only about a 1 - 1.5m deep. So I invested in a set of drain rods - it saves paying 100-200 quid out on Dynorod to come and unblock the drains. The rods cost 30 quid and had paid for themselves many times over.! Not the most pleasant job though :?
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:06 pm

I had to clear the sewage pipes here a few weeks ago, again private land and pipes that link a small number of properties (about 10) and as I have the rods it was me that did it. After the last set of manhole covers along the passage area the water company take responsibility so the trick is to at least make sure the blockage is moved along to their bit. ;)

Not a very nice job at all but it needs doing so you have to do it :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby janet » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:44 am

I'm paranoid about our drains blocking :? but as we're at the deadend of the street the whole lot would have to back up before we were affected. Bog of Eternal Stench indeed :shock:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum