Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby Ghost » Tue May 27, 2014 1:44 pm

ooo yeah when I was on my last photo trip I was trying to take a pic of a stone angel when out of the blue
another photographer appeared and stood in the middle of my shot taking pictures of his own
whilst I stood there quietly getting more and more irritated
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Tue May 27, 2014 3:03 pm

I agree Sister J, Sir Ian does have it right! Wish I had that power too.

It was funny reading the comments about tourists, people stopping, taking pictures, especially after having just been in Disney World. I know there's a lot to see there, not everyone knows their way around, etc. But you get people pulling out a map and just stopping in the middle of everything, even though there's a horde of people behind them, just oblivious. But, on the flip side, people there seem to be far more conscientious about others taking pics than most other places.

Not getting home until nearly 1am because I had to pick people up from the airport last night, is an Abomination Unto Nuggan.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue May 27, 2014 3:50 pm

Half Term holidays are an Abominaton Unto Nuggan.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Penfold » Tue May 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Ghost wrote:ooo yeah when I was on my last photo trip I was trying to take a pic of a stone angel when out of the blue
another photographer appeared and stood in the middle of my shot taking pictures of his own

I know that one very well, it's something one of my friends has a horrible habit of doing. You would think a photographer would know better. :evil: (If someone is obviously there before me I try to wait patiently for them to finish or ask them if they are done. My new camera has noise settings for the shutter which is normally in 'silent' mode and almost inaudible; I think in future I will crank up the noise level and pointedly photograph the silly arse who has got in the way. ;) :lol: )
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue May 27, 2014 4:25 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Half Term holidays are an Abominaton Unto Nuggan.

No they aren't it means I get customers in the shop during the week :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Penfold » Tue May 27, 2014 4:46 pm

Can you keep them in your shop and away from the rest of us? ;) :mrgreen:
Penfold

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue May 27, 2014 4:49 pm

I let them go once they have spent money :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Penfold » Tue May 27, 2014 4:56 pm

Fair 'nuff. :lol:
Penfold

Postby janet » Tue May 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Ghost wrote:
janet wrote:
Ghost wrote:eh?

They lean their elbows on the trolley handle and extend their arms along the top edges thus pushing and steering with their elbows. I want to tell them to stand up straight and not be so lazy! :?

people who stop suddenly or groups of people who block aisles whilst chatting away oblivious to anyone who want to get past get my goat

Yep, they're interchangable with the elbow pushers :x You could make the aisle 50 metres wide and they'd still find a way to clog it up :x :x
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Tue May 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Penfold wrote:
Ghost wrote:ooo yeah when I was on my last photo trip I was trying to take a pic of a stone angel when out of the blue

I know that one very well, it's something one of my friends has a horrible habit of doing. You would think a photographer would know better. :evil: (If someone is obviously there before me I try to wait patiently for them to finish or ask them if they are done. My new camera has noise settings for the shutter which is normally in 'silent' mode and almost inaudible; I think in future I will crank up the noise level and pointedly photograph the silly arse who has got in the way. ;) :lol: )

I used to photobomb people's carefully set up shots - especially if they were trying to use a video camera. :lol: Oh those wild days. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby janet » Tue May 27, 2014 8:01 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Half Term holidays are an Abominaton Unto Nuggan.

School holidays are great if you have to drive to work around this part of the world.......no traffic :D Why? :?
janet

Postby janet » Tue May 27, 2014 8:04 pm

Tonyblack wrote:
Penfold wrote:

I used to photobomb people's carefully set up shots - especially if they were trying to use a video camera. :lol: Oh those wild days. ;)

Variations on bunny-ears Tony?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
janet

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue May 27, 2014 10:01 pm

I smile and wave. If a tourist gets mugged or has a generally crap time in my town at least they'll remember one person that was friendly.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby phalarope » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:39 am

Ex State Department employees who think they are diplomats - and aren't - are an Abomination Unto Nuggan.

We just had a visit from a group of Colombians. The individual in question, who used to teach at the State Department Language School, made a federal case out of the fact that tomorrow is the birthday of . . . . . .wait for it . . . . . .

America :doh:

I really wanted to clip him about the ear hole and remind him that Colombians are Americans, too. It's the birthday of the United States, sigh.
Cheers -
Carol (phalarope)
'The world is full of signals that we don't perceive.'
-- Stephen Jay Gould, (1941-2002) paleontologist, evolutionary biologist, science historian

Oysters have 4 lips
phalarope

Postby janet » Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:13 am

What an idiot :roll:
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum