Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:59 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:Computer virus, rookits and all malware and spyware are Abominations Unto Nuggan and a bit more. :evil:

Having recently spent over 6 hours including having to muck about editing the registry getting rid of one I agree totally :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:06 pm

My anti virus caught it with a rootkit scan, but on checking it out it appears it might have been a false positive but I took no chance and it was secured/deleted.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby MrsWizzard » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:12 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:You will only find that in London :roll:, stand on the right, keep moving on the left. :|

Being London born and bred, it has always been walk down on the lefthand side of the escalator, and stand on the righthand side.

I find I get dizzy and discombooberated if I walk down, so I stand.

Wait, wait, wait, you people WALK on the escalator?! :o

I guess walking up/down the escalator never caught on over here in America, (surprise, surprise :roll: ), because you'd look pretty silly over here if you did that. It's pretty much just stand and hope the top doesn't eat your laces.
"Talk to the paw, mister, 'cos the whiskers don't want to know!!"
MrsWizzard

Postby janet » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:37 am

Tonyblack wrote:ABOMINATOR!!!! :o ;)

I know :oops:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby janet » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:53 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Me to re the speed trap - I was doing 38 in a 30 zone that had not long been reduced from 40 mph :roll:

OK - so I knew what the speed limit was :oops: but it was on a bloody great hill out of a tight corner with poor visibility (which is why the 30 limit came in before the corner) and you had to gun it to get out of the side road I was on with enough revs to get up the hill. Bit embarassing really - I nearly knocked over the guy with the speed gun who jumped out at me from someone's drive just as I was easing off the revs... :shifty: :whistle:

I took my offence as a wake-up call. The circumstances couldn't have been worse. Had to drive 30 miles at 11pm on a bank Holiday to collect daughter and friend from a music festival near the Sage Gateshead. A few days before, the entire dashboard of my car had ceased to work......no display, no speedo.......and a) couldn't get it fixed due to BH b) couldn't afford to get it fixed (about a grand eventually :shock: ). Thought I could accurately guess my speed ( :naughty: ). Hatchback containing naughty teenagers saw me as a mug (correct) and tailgated me into the speed trap deliberately, laughing their dear little socks off when they caught me up at the next traffic lights.
I felt VERY badly done-by in the months up to the day I did the speed course but sitting there waiting with all the other criminals it dawned on me that whatever the circumstances I STILL DID THE CRIME and no one else was responsible.
Think that's called growing up innit? :whistle:
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:18 am

I ended up doing one of those speed awareness courses and I don't even have a car! :?

I had hired a van to help my friend move from Cardiff to Shropshire and got caught in a bit of the M4 that went from 70 to 50. :roll:

I even had to cycle to the place doing the course in torrential rain. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:38 am

Rain on your birthday is An Abomination Unto Nuggan :x
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby =Tamar » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:06 am

Bouncy Castle wrote:Being London born and bred, it has always been walk down on the lefthand side of the escalator, and stand on the righthand side.

Sudden nostalgia attack. My mother used to say "discombooberated." It dates to about 1916, which is about right for it to be fairly current when she learned it.
=Tamar

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:48 pm

Did she smoke a bowl now and again? :whistle: ;)
http://onlineslangdictionary.com/meaning-definition-of/discombooberated
discombooberated
adjective

*Completely out of adjustment, in a state of disarray or malfunction.

Whenever Windows gets totally discombooberated, you might as well just reboot the system and hope for the best.

*not in a normal state.

After finishing a six-pack and smoking a bowl, he was more than a little discombooberated.

The smoking a bowl-reference seems a 'tiny' bit too hip though... :mrgreen:

The unfortunate desire some dogs have to smell of 'eau de poisson mort' is a definite abomination unto Nuggan... :angry-cussingblack: :mrgreen:
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:27 pm

janet wrote:
Jan Van Quirm wrote:Me to re the speed trap - I was doing 38 in a 30 zone that had not long been reduced from 40 mph :roll:

OK - so I knew what the speed limit was :oops: but it was on a bloody great hill out of a tight corner with poor visibility (which is why the 30 limit came in before the corner) and you had to gun it to get out of the side road I was on with enough revs to get up the hill. Bit embarassing really - I nearly knocked over the guy with the speed gun who jumped out at me from someone's drive just as I was easing off the revs... :shifty: :whistle:

I took my offence as a wake-up call. The circumstances couldn't have been worse. Had to drive 30 miles at 11pm on a bank Holiday to collect daughter and friend from a music festival near the Sage Gateshead. A few days before, the entire dashboard of my car had ceased to work......no display, no speedo.......and a) couldn't get it fixed due to BH b) couldn't afford to get it fixed (about a grand eventually :shock: ). Thought I could accurately guess my speed ( :naughty: ). Hatchback containing naughty teenagers saw me as a mug (correct) and tailgated me into the speed trap deliberately, laughing their dear little socks off when they caught me up at the next traffic lights.
I felt VERY badly done-by in the months up to the day I did the speed course but sitting there waiting with all the other criminals it dawned on me that whatever the circumstances I STILL DID THE CRIME and no one else was responsible.
Think that's called growing up innit? :whistle:

I quite enjoyed the course (better than just coughing up the fine and getting points on the licence :oops: ) and there was another guy who got caught in the same trap around the same time - we whinged about the old speed limit being more realistic overall but conceded that the 'blind' corner did justify the 30 mph limit - I very rarely use that side road on the corner now unless I'm turning off the main road, so I don't get tempted with having to rev for the hill again.
I'm a stickler for staying under the maximum limit even on the A roads around our way now though - some of the locals get way too cocky with overtaking the tourists on the 'straights' for the Newquay road (the 'Atlantic Highway') and I often have to brake fairly sharply for oncoming boy/girl racers, because they're doing silly speeds trying to get past a caravan that's only just under the limit :roll:

Cavalier drivers are an abomination unto Nuggan - they should realise cars/motorbikes can be lethal weapons.
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:55 pm

Are you referring to drivers of Vauxhall Cavaliers, or cavalier drivers? :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:21 pm

MrsWizzard wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:
Who's Wee Dug wrote:You will only find that in London :roll:, stand on the right, keep moving on the left. :|

Being London born and bred, it has always been walk down on the lefthand side of the escalator, and stand on the righthand side.

Wait, wait, wait, you people WALK on the escalator?! :o

I guess walking up/down the escalator never caught on over here in America, (surprise, surprise :roll: ), because you'd look pretty silly over here if you did that. It's pretty much just stand and hope the top doesn't eat your laces.

It has gotten worse there with the amount of people just pouring into London, stressed out people all rushing about, I glad I dont have commute there anymore, happy to be home but I still visit to see old friends.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm with Mrs. Wizzard, I thought the whole point of an escalator was that you didn't have to climb stairs. :lol:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Penfold » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Same here, Susanne, but many residents of London don't seem to agree. Personally, it makes me laugh to see them running to catch a tube train that has not even arrived. :lol:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby janet » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:09 am

Jan Van Quirm wrote:Cavalier drivers are an abomination unto Nuggan - they should realise cars/motorbikes can be lethal weapons.

Don't get me started on the subject of motorbikes.............and before Jools gets on his soapbox, I'd invite him to sit in my car and we'll drive up and down our Dale one Sunday afternoon. The antics of some bikers would take years off anyone's life expectancy....and some of them appear to be older than me :shock:
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum