Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby =Tamar » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:23 pm

MongoGutman wrote:Apparently able-bodied and unencumbered people who stand on escalators are an abomination unto Nuggan.

Not all disabilities are visible.
The point of an escalator is to not have to climb stairs.
=Tamar

Postby Ghost » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:13 am

I'm with Tamar on this one out of three people in the UK has a hidden disability
plus this scared the crap out of me when I was little
Click
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby janet » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:47 am

Have to agree with Ghost and Tamar. I would stand as I have a lot of back pain when I've walked some distance (without a lawnmower) and it's a good moment to do a secret stretch to unknot my muscles :shifty:
People who drive on country roads (which are, theoretically, national speed limit roads) at 30 mph whilst wandering between the kerb and two wheels over the centre line for miles and miles and .........with a tailback of 10 cars behind when there's usually one car per minute AND do not have the good grace to pull over for a bit to allow people to pass them are..........
Sorry folks, I'm usually a very patient and laidback motorist but I could have killed after a 200 mile round trip yesterday with abominable loads and vans in front blowing tyres, gypsies and travellers all over the shop in Cumbria (near Appleby) and with home in sight I got stuck behind this joker for a good 10 miles. Broke my own rule about honking the horn on the way past :oops: :naughty:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:41 am

ABOMINATOR!!!! :o ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Mycroft Vimes » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:31 pm

Just make sure you do not say the word Jehov....

(Start at 2.00 if you're impatient :P )
:lol:

Not being able to find the one tool i need(in this case a mastic gun,not exactly something you'd easily miss you'd think. :whistle: ) is an abomination unto Nuggan.
'It's just like crop circles. No matter how many aliens own up to making them, there are always a few diehards who believe that humans go out with garden rollers in the middle of the night-'
Mycroft Vimes

Postby MongoGutman » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:17 am

OK, OK, jeez... delete the word "apparently"
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:26 am

MongoGutman wrote:OK, OK, jeez... delete the word "apparently"

Only if I can delete "Ab-so-lute-ly".
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:21 am

I'm able-bodied and sometimes I stand on escalators, sometimes I walk. It would never occur to me that this might wind someone up. Less do I care. The problem's yours, dude! :P
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:11 pm

You will only find that in London :roll:, stand on the right, keep moving on the left. :|
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:37 pm

janet wrote:People who drive on country roads (which are, theoretically, national speed limit roads) at 30 mph whilst wandering between the kerb [ :o ]and two wheels over the centre line[ :o ] for miles and miles and .........

You have kerbs and centre lines! :o :doh: Those aren't country roads - country roads have moss and/or grass down the centre and a ditch either side of the hardcore (we wish we had a hint of asphalt still! ;) ) Oh yeah and we can get half of a smallish car on either side of the green line and think ourselves lucky to have passing places aka gateways to fields... :lol:

Down y'arrrr anyone who drives over 40 mph down country lanes (20 when its a twisty one :P ) is an abomination unto Nuggan - actually we'll let you speed a bit if you wind the window down and turn the sound system off so's you can listen for other vehicles - or stock - or emmetts walking on the wrong side of the road ( and I mean the road not the pavement or kerbstone) - ramblers if they're literally on the right side (facing oncoming traffic in the UK) :P :shifty:
B roads - with lines and mostly 2 carriageways (1 going 1 coming) I agree you're a big girlie wuss if you don't get up to 50 mph in between speed traps.... :shifty:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:37 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:You will only find that in London :roll:, stand on the right, keep moving on the left. :|

Being London born and bred, it has always been walk down on the lefthand side of the escalator, and stand on the righthand side.

I find I get dizzy and discombooberated if I walk down, so I stand.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:55 pm

Facebook is an abomination, etc, etc, but I found this warning today (on Twitter! :oops: ) and thought I'd pass it on in case any of you are on FB.

Beware being "friended" by someone calling herself Margaret Smile out of Dallas....she's one of those Facebook Lottery Scammers.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby janet » Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:28 pm

Jan Van Quirm wrote:
janet wrote:People who drive on country roads (which are, theoretically, national speed limit roads) at 30 mph whilst wandering between the kerb [ :o ]and two wheels over the centre line[ :o ] for miles and miles and .........

You have kerbs and centre lines! :o :doh: Those aren't country roads - country roads have moss and/or grass down the centre and a ditch either side of the hardcore (we wish we had a hint of asphalt still! ;) ) Oh yeah and we can get half of a smallish car on either side of the green line and think ourselves lucky to have passing places aka gateways to fields... :lol:

Down y'arrrr anyone who drives over 40 mph down country lanes (20 when its a twisty one :P ) is an abomination unto Nuggan - actually we'll let you speed a bit if you wind the window down and turn the sound system off so's you can listen for other vehicles - or stock - or emmetts walking on the wrong side of the road ( and I mean the road not the pavement or kerbstone) - ramblers if they're literally on the right side (facing oncoming traffic in the UK) :P :shifty:
B roads - with lines and mostly 2 carriageways (1 going 1 coming) I agree you're a big girlie wuss if you don't get up to 50 mph in between speed traps.... :shifty:

:lol: :lol:
The road in question was mainly that over the fells between Weardale and Teesdale and it does have kerbstones but the sheep often kick them out of place..........and, yeah, OK, I'll concede that the centreline was a hypothetical one :lol:
However, it does have black and white snow poles but they're often used for target practice by the local boy racers (who have rich daddies to pick up the repair bills) and bum scratching posts by the sheep.
The County Durham name for a road with grass growing down the middle is a three-ply road!
I LOVE West Country lanes with the overhanging hedgerows cut in steps to accommodate vehicles of different heights :D :lol:
Speeding? Moi? Got done for doing 36 in a 30 limit about 5 years ago (camera.....click here to view your OFFENCE.... :shock: ) and got the option to do a half day speed awareness course which was the same cost as the fine but no points. You only get one go at that and they throw the book at you if you get caught again :(
Oh yes! The joys of motoring :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:50 pm

Me to re the speed trap - I was doing 38 in a 30 zone that had not long been reduced from 40 mph :roll:

OK - so I knew what the speed limit was :oops: but it was on a bloody great hill out of a tight corner with poor visibility (which is why the 30 limit came in before the corner) and you had to gun it to get out of the side road I was on with enough revs to get up the hill. Bit embarassing really - I nearly knocked over the guy with the speed gun who jumped out at me from someone's drive just as I was easing off the revs... :shifty: :whistle:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Computer virus, rookits and all malware and spyware are Abominations Unto Nuggan and a bit more. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum