Abominations Unto Nuggan.

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Abominations Unto Nuggan.

Postby Del » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:19 pm

Mobile phones that connect to the net are an abomination! They lure you on and it's so stupid trying to post on a keyboard designed for ambidextrous cockroaches. Where is the full sized keyboard accessory ??? Huh? Why cant we buy them yet????
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Catch-up » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:19 pm

Having to destroy the evidence of clothing price tags so that your husband doesn't have an aneurism is an Abomination Unto Nuggan.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:41 pm

Del wrote:Mobile phones that connect to the net are an abomination! They lure you on and it's so stupid trying to post on a keyboard designed for ambidextrous cockroaches. Where is the full sized keyboard accessory ??? Huh? Why cant we buy them yet????

Here you go Del http://www.gizmag.com/one2touch-nfc-keyboard/21705/ and there's quite a few more on the market. :mrgreen:

if you want to use bluetooth. http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Blog/T ... -p/5614910
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby janet » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:59 pm

Grumpy Old Woman here again.........
The inappropriate use of the horn on a motorised vehicle IS an Abomination unto Nuggan is it not?
'Beep-beep' seems to mean 'Oh hi!' But really means that the person recognised has just had a heart attack and will never know which of their former friends was passing by in their car. I would disown ANYONE who beeped at me :evil:
Or it means 'Goodbye' on leaving the home of another......but why? You've presumably just said goodbye to them in words :evil:
Or, in the case of the morons who worked at the site over the road when it was a haulage depot, it used to mean 'Woohoo, it's Friday!' Biggest pain of all :evil: :evil:
Spoken as one who cannot use their car horn without also activating the directional indicators ( :oops: )
I'm saving my other Abomination for another day :twisted:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Oh yes, that is a real bugbear of mine!
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Square12 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 pm

Here you go Janet, a street sign from New York just for you!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:55 am

janet wrote:Grumpy Old Woman here again.........
The inappropriate use of the horn on a motorised vehicle IS an Abomination unto Nuggan is it not?
'Beep-beep' seems to mean 'Oh hi!' But really means that the person recognised has just had a heart attack and will never know which of their former friends was passing by in their car. I would disown ANYONE who beeped at me :evil:
Or it means 'Goodbye' on leaving the home of another......but why? You've presumably just said goodbye to them in words :evil:
Or, in the case of the morons who worked at the site over the road when it was a haulage depot, it used to mean 'Woohoo, it's Friday!' Biggest pain of all :evil: :evil:
Spoken as one who cannot use their car horn without also activating the directional indicators ( :oops: )
I'm saving my other Abomination for another day :twisted:

You forgot: "I'm here in your driveway ready to pick you up." :evil: Get OUT of the car and KNOCK on the door. The rest of the neighborhood doesn't need to know. :roll:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:55 pm

Oh yes!
Tonyblack

Postby janet » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:47 pm

What Tony said and double AMEN to that :evil:
Thank you thank you Square for the sign :clap: :clap: Can they really do that? 8-)

Today's Abomination is most specific. The silly man who collared me in the course of doing a gardening job this afternoon on a small estate. I have the communal planted areas to look after and i do just that.
He began by calling me DARLING, got sniffy when my eyebrows shot up over the top of my head and said he called everyone darling..............big hairy MALE gardeners too I wondered?
He told me he'd HAD to spend hours weeding and picking up litter from the shrubby patch near the estate entrance....I wondered why? Apparently because I didn't do it...news to me mate, I turn up once a fortnight, do the grass and weeding, spray weeds in areas which require it, sweep up leaves, pick up all litter I see and even some I've looked for behind other things, I sweep back all the mulch scattered by birds from the borders and even pick up all the dog and cat shit which people kindly allow their dear pets to leave for me..........that's when it all went stupid folks...using the s-word in the course of a conversation with a patronising git was my fatal mistake. The second mistake was asking if he'd prefer me to refer to doggy doodoos? Soooooo......he threatened me by saying 'I feel an email coming on' and I'm afraid I just laughed because that was such a stupid thing to say :oops:
What I want to know is how am I supposed to know that there is litter to pick up if some numpty picks it up before I get there? HUH?
How am I going to survive the tension of knowing there's a complaint been made about me?
Actually I was going to quit that job at the end of this year anyway because it's not paying enough to justify doing it and the property services company are the worst people I've ever had to deal with doing this job.
Yay verily and they are also an Abomination unto Nuggan......
Oh, whatever...it's Friday :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:38 pm

Half a dozen 500 - Internal server errors Abomination Unto Nuggan and a pain in the a..... :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:43 pm

Janet, don't lose sleep over this man. If you don't go back there, he'll have to pick up the s*** himself. Win!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:29 pm

What a moron, Janet! I definitely think he's An Abomination Unto Nuggan! ;)
Tonyblack

Postby chillicamper » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:52 am

Janet. The bloke is obviously a muppet with nothing better to do than moan! I had one of them when I was gardening. Worked for a hotel and the receptionist was always complaiing about leaves blowing in to the reception. We used to sweep up 3 Transit loads of leaves once a week, but I had to tell her that it was autumn and unfortunately I could not have one guy stationed 24 hours a day at the hotel to catch the leaves as they fell :lol:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby =Tamar » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:03 am

janet wrote:Thank you thank you Square for the sign :clap: :clap: Can they really do that? 8-)

NYC passed anti-noise ordinances for areas near hospitals. They can and do give tickets for honking in quiet zones. Most towns have have a "late-night" quiet zone; usually it's roughly 11 PM weekdays and 1 AM weekends, but it varies. I believe it has to be a pretty loud party to get a noise complaint acted on, though; just honking won't do it unless it's prolonged and habitual and many people complain.
=Tamar

Postby MongoGutman » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:21 pm

Apparently able-bodied and unencumbered people who stand on escalators are an abomination unto Nuggan. Those who do so on the left of wide escalators are a double abomination unto Nuggan.
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum