32%
The only rational form of healing
No votes
I don't really know enough about homoeopathy to give an informed opinion
8%

Total votes : 25

Re: Homoeopathy

Postby Catch-up » Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Never heard of Reiki, had to look it up. Sounds dodgy to me too. However, it's not massage. I get deep tissue massages by a sports physical therapist (I know that can't be the correct title, but that's the best my early morning brain can do). They most definitely work out the knots in muscles, relieving pain.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Antiq » Sun Mar 17, 2013 1:44 pm

ChristianBecker wrote:Thanks raptornx.

Antiq:
Ginger Tea and Liquorice may be fine, but they're not homoeopathic, so I don't really follow.

I stand totally corrected, and I've learned something :D I looked up various definitions, of which I was quite ignorant, I admit. I know many people use it as an umbrella term. At least now I know better :)
In the beginning there was nothing, and then it exploded.
Antiq

Postby Dotsie » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:05 pm

Welcome to the forum Daniel. Presumably you haven't yet tried some of this "undoubtedly awsome" homeopathy on your fever and sore throat? ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby =Tamar » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:47 pm

Catch-up wrote:Never heard of Reiki, had to look it up. Sounds dodgy to me too. However, it's not massage.
Correct, Reiki is not massage. I have seen it work on people who had severe problems, so I figure, as long as it helps somebody, it's fine with me. At least it doesn't do any damage.
=Tamar

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:01 pm

A friend of mine was learning about it during and after he came back from Thailand where he had broken a leg in an accident.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Catch-up » Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Well, I can testify that massage works. I go in broken and come out fixed. I've had almost constant pain in my shoulder for several days. After this morning's appt. - it feels great! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby MongoGutman » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:04 am

Homoeopathy was taught to us by the ancient alien visitors who built the pyramids
Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? ~~ Oddball
MongoGutman

Postby Bickaxe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:19 am

Homeopathy is Goa'uld? :shock:

I knew it!
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby ChristianBecker » Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:52 am

Samuel Hahnemann was Goa'uld? Whodathunk?

I don't know about Reiki, but to assume that if it helps some and does no harm it is OK, is a fallacy. I'm quite sure Dotsie said something about that somewhere above.
It is sort of OK as long as it doesn't keep people from trying proved methods, and I don't know Reiki's stance on that. But the really hardcore homoeopaths think that their method is the only rational form of healing (which is why I put that into the poll) and refuse any other methods, and tell their patients so and infest them with their opinion. This is bad, even if some people seem to have been cured by homoeopathy (but really, of how many people have you heard who tried homoeopathy and it didn't help? Not an awful lot, I bet. This is normal. Of course you hear about the spectacular results homoeopathy had in some person you know or a friend's friend. And even if you hear from people that homoeopathy had no effect on them, there'll spring up others who claim that it helped them, or a friend, or a family member).
In my opinion homoeopathy along with many other alternative methods of healing is playing with the hopes and fears of people who need help, which is unethical if you ask me.

Now, traditional pharma are no saints, either. But at least in Germany, a new drug has to be tested thoroughly over several years and then side effects and beneficial effects have to be contrasted, which can result in the drug not being approved.
In my last week in the pharmacy I read about a drug that can no longer be sold. Not because it wasn't working, but because it wasn't working BETTER than another drug which had slightly fewer side effects.
Homoeopathy on the other hand has no such problems, which is why there are some really ridiculous things out there, like X-ray. It is lactose that has been exposed to x-rays, and is then diluted.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby Dotsie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:16 am

Burnt sugar? Om nom!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby raptornx01 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:32 pm

"Side effect may include: Torn clothing, mild skin discoloration, and people not liking you when you are angry."
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Dotsie » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:06 pm

That's gamma rays! :lol:
Dotsie

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:09 pm

I believe Reiki traces the body's energy field which can be seen by using some technology scanners,I think the BBC did a programme about it. :?:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby raisindot » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 pm

Who's Wee Dug wrote:I believe Reiki traces the body's energy field which can be seen by using some technology scanners,I think the BBC did a programme about it. :?:

I think that's the same thing as the Cat Detector Van, isn't it? (Sorry, seem to be stuck in a Python mood today.)
raisindot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:20 pm

Noooooo! I tink not. :mrgreen:
Who's Wee Dug

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum