What made you smile today? 7

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 7

Postby jaznbonnie » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:46 pm

Your post made me smile, Del. What a lovely surprise for you! :D
Be careful what you wish for as you just might get it.
jaznbonnie

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:59 pm

janet wrote:
wicked woman wrote:I have a bumble bee, and two robins. Parent and chick? No bats though.

Such a relief the bat has survived this long. Sadly only one so far. Most summer nights I go out to watch them.
Did you have plans WW? I guess that's not really allowed when descendants are nearby. Mine is 300 miles away :D
Big smile from me after the post arrived. HUGE cheque in settlement of PPI claim and all mine :D Just in time to buy a new lawn mower :roll:
Aww Del. Just accept it, your daughters are wonderful, they love you and they're growing up :D :D

PS First swallows seen just now. Right on schedule and chattering to each other :D

Oooh how lovely! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:03 pm

Great thing to get in the post Janet. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby janet » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:13 pm

At least I don't have to worry about bills being paid now AND back to a sort-of work routine to keep things moving. :D
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Catch-up » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:00 pm

I tried on my gala dinner dress again to see how it looks with a pair of shoes I have. They work! :D I discovered that there's a zipper on the side. I nearly dislocated my shoulder getting in and out of it last time. All I had to do was unzip that side zipper. :oops:

And, got a package from the Disney store. :D Love getting packages in the mail! It doesn't even really matter what's in them. It was just some little stuff to give to the girls as rewards for good grades, etc. One of them is a small Sugar Rush stationery set. After looking at it, I kind of want to keep it for myself. :oops: It has Sugar Rush sticky notes and everything!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:27 pm

:D
Ghost

Postby Del » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:19 pm

I love this thread. Theres is always loads of good news and smile s.

H is doing studies on Medieval England this term and had to do some words and sentences for homework. M and I were trying to explain "class" to her... had to laugh that she didnt understand class... yes we do have "levels" here... but she kept saying so the Lord was richer right?

Anyway... she wrotena sentence using the word SERF... showing that she understood what it meant so she was reading it out to us...

Now... remember. . H's brain doesnt process in the usual way.. she needs to be exposed to a new word constantly in context for her brain to recognise it or else it "converts" that word automatically to a similar word she is familiar with... so...

"When the Lord of the manor sold his estates to another man all his smurfs stayed on their farms."

:lol: :lol: She almost weed herself when she realised what she had said :lol:
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:24 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:25 pm

What made me smile was catching up on all the time I missed here while on my hols. :D
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Were they Blue Del. :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Batty » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:59 pm

Image Love it! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:52 pm

One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby wicked woman » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:55 pm

janet wrote:
wicked woman wrote:I have a bumble bee, and two robins. Parent and chick? No bats though.

Such a relief the bat has survived this long. Sadly only one so far. Most summer nights I go out to watch them.
Did you have plans WW? I guess that's not really allowed when descendants are nearby. Mine is 300 miles away :D
Big smile from me after the post arrived. HUGE cheque in settlement of PPI claim and all mine :D Just in time to buy a new lawn mower :roll:
Aww Del. Just accept it, your daughters are wonderful, they love you and they're growing up :D :D

PS First swallows seen just now. Right on schedule and chattering to each other :D

Lovely news about the PPI money, enjoy your new lawn mower. My plans were to get the jobs done that I should have done last week. :oops:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby chillicamper » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:46 am

Love the smurf story Del :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great news about the PPI Janet

What made me smile (yesterday actually) was finally getting my hands dirty and planting some seeds. As well as the usual Tomatoes & Chillis, this year I am experimenting with some more unusual ones - Quinoa, Inca berries, Goji Berries and tomatillos - should be interesting! :think:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:57 am

Del, that's priceless! :lol:

Chilli, that sounds so fun! I would love to see some pictures as they come in. The only thing different we're trying this year is beets - not exactly exotic. Oh, and some gourmet strawberries, one white and one purple. It's too early for us to plant anything here, except for the snap peas. I get to plant those today. :D

I thought I'd be writing this in the frustration thread - totally forgot about something I started in the slow cooker yesterday and it was on all night. :oops: I was sure it would be ruined. Couldn't believe it when I tried it and it was fine! :D
Catch-up

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum