What made you smile today? 7

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: What made you smile today? 7

Postby Tonyblack » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:16 pm

Alanz wrote:Anyone know any Witch finder Generals :?: :D

There's a Witch Finder Sergeant in Good Omens. ;)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Yep he'll do, Perhaps he knows of one locally to raisindot's neigbourhood :?: :D
Alanz

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 am

Remember to check for the third nipple!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:27 am

This made me smile. Father Dougal was in the running for pope, apparently!!

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/ne ... paign.html
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby raisindot » Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Kari wrote:That's great news raisindot! It just goes to show that some things really do come right in the end :)

Well, sad thing is that yesterday the Witch went postal, among other things, sending a snarky email to my wife blaming her for not watering the witch's plants last Friday (when my wife stayed home because school had been called off because of the blizzard; yet, somehow, the witch hadn't heard the announcement and came to school, but didn't water the plants herself). Then the witch tried to make my blame someone else for a huge and expensive mistake the witch had made, and then the witch later screamed at my wife in front of the whole library for not telling her she (my wife) was leaving the library, when the only reason my wife let was to do an errand for the Witch. My wife is far too nice to scream back at the Witch, but she is counting on all of this insane behavior (all publicly witnessed) to shorten the Witch's stay of execution.
raisindot

Postby wicked woman » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:47 pm

raisindot wrote:
Kari wrote:That's great news raisindot! It just goes to show that some things really do come right in the end :)

Well, sad thing is that yesterday the Witch went postal, among other things, sending a snarky email to my wife blaming her for not watering the witch's plants last Friday (when my wife stayed home because school had been called off because of the blizzard; yet, somehow, the witch hadn't heard the announcement and came to school, but didn't water the plants herself). Then the witch tried to make my blame someone else for a huge and expensive mistake the witch had made, and then the witch later screamed at my wife in front of the whole library for not telling her she (my wife) was leaving the library, when the only reason my wife let was to do an errand for the Witch. My wife is far too nice to scream back at the Witch, but she is counting on all of this insane behavior (all publicly witnessed) to shorten the Witch's stay of execution.

Hope she's keeping a record raisin.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:32 pm

Hope someone recorded it on their phone.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Ghost » Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:42 pm

wicked woman wrote:
raisindot wrote:

Hope she's keeping a record raisin.

sounds like she's slowly going off her trolley :think: :think:
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:57 pm

It's called going Librarian Poo. :mrgreen:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:57 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:This made me smile. Father Dougal was in the running for pope, apparently!!

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv/ne ... paign.html

I suppose he didn't get the job because of his age :lol: He's far too young :lol:
Alanz

Postby KnightOfFewWords » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:04 pm

What made me smile today? Several posts on this forum, and a joke about how the Sun newspaper should interview the new Pope and put his picture on page 2. My addition was that he should be looking to the left in the image, ideally with a look of shock on his face. Or perhaps puzzlement would work better?
KnightOfFewWords

Postby Alanz » Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes i agree :lol: :lol:
Alanz

Postby Dotsie » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:26 am

Tonyblack wrote:It's called going Librarian Poo. :mrgreen:

Maybe she forgot rule 3 :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:33 pm

That's awful Raisin. :evil: I'm so sorry your wife has to go through all this. I hope that woman gets canned soon and your wife can enjoy going to work again.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Bouncy Castle » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Bouncy Castle

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum