How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby chris.ph » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:03 pm

excellent news tony :D
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:29 pm

As above plus get yourself sorted out by the Docs.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby janet » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:50 pm

Completely random thought but have you had thyroid checks Tony? I'm just remembering how I felt when mine started to work overtime (hyperthyroid). I had serious pain in most places, had no energy at all and lost stones of weight and muscle tone. It was so simple to sort out. No, I'm not a back seat physician. Just hoping it turns out to be something very straightforward so you can get fit to travel to Tucson soon.
Big hugs again to you both.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:03 pm

It's an idea, Janet as my brother suffers from thyroid problems, but they've done a whole bunch of blood tests on me and nothing has shown up. I'm at the point where I'd rather they tell me what's wrong so I could deal with it. I don't like not knowing.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby janet » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:33 pm

I only got to the testing stage after weeks of feeling progressively worse following what I thought was a dose of Swine Flu. I got to the point of begging for help when I couldn't do my job for more than 5 minutes without having to sit down. They took a lot of blood and tested for all the 'usual suspects'. Hyperthyroid was what they found.....often triggered by a virus but the specific cause of it happening is difficult to pinpoint in most cases.
My knees were so painful that I couldn't kneel for a long time (which is a real drawback for a gardener) and have had to stoop too much resulting in back problems. Back pain means that I can't walk far even though I can push my lawnmower for miles!
It's been 4 years since I first had the thyroid problem and I'm finally thinking that I'm getting better. I can kneel quite a bit to do my job and the knees are finally less painful. Still a bit of an effort to resume the perpendicular sometimes!
When I felt so bad it was very frightening as I'd been diagnosed with cancer 5 years previously, (treated successfully but the fear still lurks in the back of the imagination) and my mum had rheumatoid arthritis which is one of the most cruel illnesses Satan invented. Yet another fact to deprive me of sleep in the silly hours of the night.
Hang in there Tony. Keep at the docs and they will have to be more helpful.
More hugs to you both.
janet

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Tony, if you have little bumps/lumps under your armpits, knees (behind) in your groin RH & LH sides and under your ears/jawbone that's where the lymth nodes are. Diagram link.http://www.plymouthhospitals.nhs.uk/OUR ... Nodes.aspx

That's how I knew when I had it croping up, I used to take dessert spoons of honey for a energy boost when I got wiped out, before I had the op.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:51 pm

Thanks guys! I haven't noticed any lumps, but will check it out.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Conforumist » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 pm

Tonyblack wrote:It's an idea, Janet as my brother suffers from thyroid problems, but they've done a whole bunch of blood tests on me and nothing has shown up. I'm at the point where I'd rather they tell me what's wrong so I could deal with it. I don't like not knowing.

That's one of the main reasons I'm off right now. Hypothyroid. I'm on some type of prescription; whatever the usual stuff is.
The doc put me of work until July 22nd now.

Don't EVER have your neck X-Rayed! It damages the thyroid. Ask for a thyroid collar to protect it, if you have to.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:57 pm

(((((purple hugs - where it isn't hurting))))) to Tony, Sharlene and everybody else who needs 'em! :D
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:42 am

Last night we had to make the very tough decision to say goodbye to Muppet, after the vet persuaded us there really wasn't anything else she could do for him :cry: :cry: It was definitely his time though, it was very peaceful and we were both there with him the whole time.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:53 am

Hugs Dotsie. :cry:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:40 am

Sorry to hear that Dotsie, I know Muppet meant a lot to you. :(
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby pip » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:45 am

Sorry Dotsie.
'There is no future for e-books, because they are not books. E-books smell like burned fuel.'
Ray Bradbury (RIP)
pip

Postby janet » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:00 am

Very sorry to hear that Dotsie. I know how much you'll miss Muppet.
(((HUGS)))
janet

Postby =Tamar » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:09 am

Tonyblack wrote:Thanks guys! I haven't noticed any lumps, but will check it out.

It might be a good idea to get tested for Lyme-type disease too. It isn't just in the USA. But try to get the "good" test, the basic one is useless and the better one is still only as good as the place that reads the information. There are a lot of false negatives.
=Tamar

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum