How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Batty » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks, Tony.

Mum is better than she's letting on. It's amazing just what she can do when she doesn't think she's being watched! :whistle:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:30 pm

You were missed, Batty :) Glad to hear your mum is getting better, even if she won't admit it ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:31 pm

My mother was like that. She loved the attention she got when she was poorly and would sit all day in her dressing gown playing court to all her friends. My brother had a word with her in the end. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby hnorwood » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:40 pm

Having spent some fruitless time looking for my tapered reamer over the past couple of weeks, I took the plunge and bought a replacement on Saturday.

Guess what I found today?

Yup :oops:

It's my own fault for not being tidy, of course.

(PS it's a tool for enlarging holes in materials like plastic and metal)
Huge Neuroid

Angst-Lesspork
hnorwood

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:44 pm

Welcome back Batty, I hope your mum get better soon
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:49 pm

Thanks hnorwood - I was just about to ask! :D
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:03 pm

Falls are always nasty at 'that age' :shifty: Well done you for stepping into the breach Batty while your big sis' was away - (chocolate) brownie points for doing something altruistic :clap:

Actually I'm feeling gobsmacked but pleased this afternoon - Toby was a good boy! :shock: Very 'country' situation - I took him up on the 'flat' moors (no gorse for him to disappear into) for his usual run :animals-dogrun: and, as usual chose a spot where there weren't too many sheep about - about five minutes in (just after he'd done his business - very reliable that way is Toby :lol: ) we suddenly get a small group of cattle running up the hill a little way off from us. No problem I thought and threw the ball again but in the opposite direction... next thing we know, just as Toby was turning back to me a quad bike comes shooting up as well with 2 farm dogs in tow and the couple of sheep that had been lying down having a snooze suddenly decided it was feeding time (they've been putting hay down for them still with it being so cold and horrible) and so they started chasing the cows, quad bike and farm dogs as well.
By this time Toby's spotted them all and thinks - oh boy, that looks like fun, drops the ball and hares off after the sheep - something he's never done before when there's been a ball to chase instead. Image So there I am screaming my head off at him (throat still hurts from that! :evil: ) and Toby having the time of his life when he looks back at me by the car, jumping up and down yelling, stops dead and then turns around and happily trots back to fetch his ball! :lol:

He's not the brightest dog in the world is Toby, but he loves his ball and his Mummy! Image
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby The Mad Collector » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:47 pm

Well behaved Toby. :D It would have been very easy for him to get caught up in the excitement
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby chuckie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Welcome back Batty, good to see you again :D and Good Boy Toby :clap:
Susan did an unusual thing and listened. that's not an easy task for a teacher.
chuckie

Postby Conforumist » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi Batty!!
Are you more batty than when you left, or same? :? ... :lol:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Batty » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:23 pm

I'm slightly more sane - which is how I know that I haven't fully recovered yet! :roll:

Well Done, Toby! :clap:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Catch-up » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:56 am

Dotsie, Kin, thanks! :D After today I feel positive it was the right decision. She wanted to take Blue for a really long walk first thing this morning and they both loved it! Had a dicey moment when he went after a squirrel, but she thankfully thought fast and let go of the leash so she didn't get pulled down. From that point on, if we saw a squirrel ahead she would hand the leash to me. Not that he couldn't take me down, but better me than her.

Batty, so glad you're back and sorry about your mom! Hope she's doing better and I hope you're recovering from helping out. It sounds like she was something of a handful.

Jan, glad you got Toby back! I can just picture you screaming at him, and him having the time of his life. :lol: I'm sure that would be hard for any dog to resist!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Square12 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:13 am

Catch-up wrote:Dotsie, Kin, thanks! :D After today I feel positive it was the right decision. She wanted to take Blue for a really long walk first thing this morning and they both loved it! Had a dicey moment when he went after a squirrel, but she thankfully thought fast and let go of the leash so she didn't get pulled down. From that point on, if we saw a squirrel ahead she would hand the leash to me. Not that he couldn't take me down, but better me than her.

I think my cousins 2 year old male husky got a massive shock when I was visiting them and decided to join them for their walk, as I was holding his leash when he spotted a cat sitting on a fence. The look on his face when his leash suddenly went taut and instead of pulling my fairly frail female cousin along with him, he got stopped in his tracks was priceless, bear in mind I'm 6'1" broad shouldered and a bit overweight, it still took an effort on my part to hold him!
If you can fill the unforgiving minute,
With sixty seconds worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a man my son.
Square12

Postby wicked woman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:47 am

Square12 wrote:
Catch-up wrote:Dotsie, Kin, thanks! :D After today I feel positive it was the right decision. She wanted to take Blue for a really long walk first thing this morning and they both loved it! Had a dicey moment when he went after a squirrel, but she thankfully thought fast and let go of the leash so she didn't get pulled down. From that point on, if we saw a squirrel ahead she would hand the leash to me. Not that he couldn't take me down, but better me than her.

I think my cousins 2 year old male husky got a massive shock when I was visiting them and decided to join them for their walk, as I was holding his leash when he spotted a cat sitting on a fence. The look on his face when his leash suddenly went taut and instead of pulling my fairly frail female cousin along with him, he got stopped in his tracks was priceless, bear in mind I'm 6'1" broad shouldered and a bit overweight, it still took an effort on my part to hold him!

:)
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Batty » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:57 pm

ImageImage
Batty

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum