How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby wicked woman » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:01 pm

Sounds like a lovely relaxed family day mC. Glad you enjoyed it. :D
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:19 pm

Yes, sounds like it was worth the effort of getting there. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby michelanCello » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:23 am

Totally was :D
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Ghost » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:07 pm

did something stupid this morning I was asleep trying to remember if I put the alarm on
and I had panic it felt like seven I had to work at eight and I bolted out of bed AWAKE
it was then when I looked at my clock fourImagethirty half an hour before I had to wake up
by the time I got to sleep I had to actually HAD to wake up Image
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:26 pm

Aw Ghost, I've done that so often. :( When I was a postman I accidentally got up an hour early and was standing waiting for the first bus at four o'clock instead of five. I now have a really annoying habit of waking up about ten minutes before the alarm goes off. I also wake up several times during the night. Actually, I can't remember the last time I had a decent, refreshing sleep. It's no wonder I feel like crepe most of the time.
Tonyblack

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:57 pm

My sympathies Ghost. Sorry you're not getting good sleep Tony. I get bouts of insomnia, it seems to come in cycles. I can go a month with pretty good sleep then it'll start again, weeks of restlessness & constantly awake at night. It drives me to distraction. I dunno, years of shift work, my poor hypothalamus doesn't know what's going on.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:52 am

I tried shift work, but not for that long it does screw up your sleep pattrens bigtime it least it did mine, that's why I loved 9to5 Mon-Fri. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:41 pm

Tonyblack wrote:Aw Ghost, I've done that so often. :( When I was a postman I accidentally got up an hour early and was standing waiting for the first bus at four o'clock instead of five. I now have a really annoying habit of waking up about ten minutes before the alarm goes off. I also wake up several times during the night. Actually, I can't remember the last time I had a decent, refreshing sleep. It's no wonder I feel like crepe most of the time.

I do this all the time. The amount of BBC World Service (broadcast on radio 4 between 1am and 5:20am) I have heard in the last few months is ridiculous :roll:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:01 pm

mC, so glad you had a wonderful day out with family.

Ghost, that's the worst!

I'm feeling guilty. Ava's going to horse camp this week. And, because she has a last minute no-show, her teacher offered to take Vivian too for a very large discount. Vivian sometimes takes a few lessons in the summer and she participates in the schooling shows. Well, after discussing it with hubby, we decided not to take her up on it. One of the biggest reasons is how much she bickers with her sister, but there were a few other cons too like; she tends to change her mind about wanting to attend activities after we've already paid for them, riding isn't really her passion, and it would be hard for her to understand if she's able to go this year, but not in the future. Even though I'm sure we made the right choice, I still feel guilty. :roll: She doesn't know, and if she ever finds out she will never forgive me. Lucked out a little bit though, the neighbors are out of town so we're Blue sitting. That will give her something really fun to do while Ava's at camp.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:31 pm

I'm sure she'll have the time of her life having you all to herself while big sis is away. ;)
Tonyblack

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:22 pm

We're definitely going to plan some special things to do together. :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:23 am

You made the right decision, and I think she'll really love having you all to herself :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Kin Arad » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:51 am

Hope you all both have fun with Blue Catch-up :)
I remember going on quite a few activities I've been to where I thought it might be nice at the time, but then few days in, realising it wasn't my cup of tea and I'd have been better of saving the money and staying at home. Especially when everyone's more enthusiastic than you.
“Wouldn’t that unplug your heating pad?”
Kin Arad

Postby Batty » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:16 pm

ImageI don't really know how I feel. I've been away for quite a while - although it seems longer - looking after my mother.
She fell over and broke her wrist in two places - although I'd have thought that her bunions would have worked like stabilisers and kept her upright! ;) However, she had the plaster cast off a few weeks ago, so I've been watching over her while my eldest sister (who lives next door to her) went on holiday to Scotland.
It's been tough going, and I didn't feel like talking to anyone or visiting this forum. I did look in from time-to-time, to try to keep up to date with people's birthdays, but I didn't feel like hanging around or really getting involved with any posts.

Kids can't choose their mother's, but I did what was right, not what I wanted.

It may take me a few days to get back into my stride, as the shadow of the last few weeks is still with me, but I returned home yesterday, and I'm beginning to feel like my old(ish) self! Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:21 pm

I have missed you Batty and noticed you were here for birthdays. Sorry to hear about your mum and I hope that she's well on the road to recovery. Good to have you back though! :D
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum