How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:49 am

I'm a very very bad wife :shock: Last night I 'heard a noise' downstairs, so Mr Dotsie got out of bed and went downstairs to investigate (in his pants, don't know if that's the best way to confront a burgler, but still). When he turned the dining room light on it lit up the garden, and it sounded like some drama was going on - there was a cat trying to get the nesting box off the wall by swinging across some trellis. So I shouted Mr Dotsie (it's outside instead! It's a cat! Get it Mr Dotsie, save the baby bluetits!), and the poor man had to go outside in just his pants and flip flops to scare the cat off and straighten up the bird box. Then I wouldn't go to sleep in case it came back, and kept waking him up. Then I woke up at 5:30 and opened the curtains to check, then I went to make toast at 6am and set the smoke alarm off. Then I thought the baby bluetits were ready to fly, so I shouted him upstairs to look - they weren't, one of them just had a peek out. Then I'm running round the garden, chasing the cat away again :shifty:

Mr Dotsie got up and pulled the trellis down. He had a 'look' on his face. But the bluetits are safe, yay! :D
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Joolz » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:17 am

I reckon Mr D. deserves a medal :lol: ...And if he begins talking about a new patio you should start worrying Lady D :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tune the world out, turn the radio up
Sing along to my freedom song
Joolz

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:18 am

:shock: :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:19 am

Or dig a pond!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby wicked woman » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:38 am

Joolz wrote:I reckon Mr D. deserves a medal :lol: ...And if he begins talking about a new patio you should start worrying Lady D :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby michelanCello » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:16 am

:lol:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby michelanCello » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:23 am

I feel pretty lonely now... my friend and roommate, Zsuzsi has moved out, she went home to Transylvania, and we thought we had the whole day to spend together doing fun stuff, such as going up to the Citadel to look at the flood (some AMAZING pictures were made - not by me -, see at the end...) and do some cleaning up because it's a big mess here (two students in an exam period, duh...), but the guy who is taking her home arrived early (we were woken up by the doorbell :P), so that was it for all our plans... now I'm not only left alone but also left alone with all the mess :P Sigh...
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Think yourself lucky, Mici. My friend Lorraine visited for a couple of days this week and I was glad when she left! :lol:

She really is a good friend and I always like to see her, but she causes chaos whenever she visits and it takes me ages to recover. For example, after vacuuming the flat and washing the kitchen floor, within half an hour of arrival, she had managed to get laundry powder all over the kitchen floor and trampled it out into the hall carpet.

I think the world of her, but can only take small doses! :lol: This is something I tell her regularly.

She also managed to spill coffee over my bedroom carpet and break my comb to bits trying to untangle her hair. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby michelanCello » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:42 pm

You have a comb, Tony? :lol:
Zsuzsi isn't messy usually, I just have a bad influence on her :lol: she is always the one who says OK, and now we're doing the laundry! or we really should do some vacuuming, and them I'm like, OK, we'll do it...tomorrow :P
Listen.
michelanCello

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:58 pm

I HAD a comb! It came free with my electric hair clippers. :D
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:17 pm

michelanCello wrote:Zsuzsi isn't messy usually, I just have a bad influence on her :lol:

Hmm, my place is nearly always tidy, can I cope with 2½ weeks of bad influences :shock:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Mad, you'll have blue hair before you know it :P
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:24 pm

No danger of that, it's coming out on it's own I don't need to dye it to help it along :shock:
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:36 pm

Dotsie!! :lol: I love that story. I have got to let hubby read it, just so he knows he's not alone. These things always make me think of a line from one of Chris Rock's shows, something like, "If you've never stood in the bathroom, looking in the mirror, contemplating murder, then you've never been in love."

MiCi, sorry about your roommate leaving. She must have been a great roommate. All the roommates I've ever had made me want to throw a party when they left. Hope you figure out the blue hair too!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:17 pm

I once dyed my hair black, but it sort of went raven-wing blue. It was kind of neat! :D
Tonyblack

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum