How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Bickaxe » Thu May 09, 2013 12:11 pm

In pain.
My neck and upper spine hurts like hell and I'm hoping its just the way I slept. Its not happened before though so it could be work related and seeing as some of my job involves lifting heavy items. Lower back is fine though so fairly sure I can still do my job.

Would have a hot bath but we're still putting in the bathroom :roll:
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Ghost » Thu May 09, 2013 12:19 pm

I hope your neck feels better soon
Waxing is not a cure for lycanthropy
Ghost

Postby Tonyblack » Thu May 09, 2013 12:44 pm

You might try either a hot water bottle or an ice pack on there - whichever works best. Hope you are feeling better soon.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Thu May 09, 2013 1:33 pm

What Tony said Bickaxe, or try alternating hot and cold. Don't quite know how you are going to keep the pack in place though. If you can't bathe can you shower, a hot shower on high pressure works well for me.

Bouncy, it's Abbey Life (name & shame) :twisted: Should be ok, it's the form to claim 25% of the pension pot. Phoning the lady who is dealing with the transfer for me, see if she has any suggestions. Thank your Pension Lady for me though.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu May 09, 2013 1:45 pm

Just told pension lady, and she says she's ordered one of those forms for someone else, and when it comes through she'll forward it to me by email.

I can then forward to you, if you let me have your addy!
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby wicked woman » Thu May 09, 2013 3:39 pm

Thanks, will pm you.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Conforumist » Thu May 09, 2013 4:27 pm

I will be at the massage therapist from 4-5. I will have her work on my neck for you!! :)

Look after yourself!

Sent from my blackberry tablet!! :)
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby wicked woman » Thu May 09, 2013 8:37 pm

Conforumist wrote:I will be at the massage therapist from 4-5. I will have her work on my neck for you!! :)

Look after yourself!

Sent from my blackberry tablet!! :)

Stealth boast. :lol: Enjoy your massage Con.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 10, 2013 5:55 pm

Ouch. Sorry Mark. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Cheery » Sat May 11, 2013 8:01 am

Hope your pain's better soon Bickaxe. :?

I'm really upset and worried right now cause my little kitty is in surgery... (well, kitty... she's 10.)
We noticed yesterday that she'd lost a big chunk of fur right behind her ear, and it was all bloody. She wouldn't stop scratching at it. The poor thing spent her night in my bed, almost on top of me, which she usually never does. She's not the snuggly type. She's a little devil and a rowdy most of the time...
We brought her to the vet today and she immediately recognized it as an abcess. She probably got a wound from a fight with another cat, and it got infected. It's at least two weeks old. We never saw anything because it was under the fur, and I did feel a bump when I stroked her, but I thought it was a tick or something... At least she's been eating and acting normally, which is a very good sign.

So, now she's in surgery. Hope it all goes well. We'll go and fetch her around lunch time.
I wish I could've stayed there with her for a bit. :( She was so scared.
Cheery

Postby Penfold » Sat May 11, 2013 9:24 am

I hope she's ok Cheery. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Dotsie » Sat May 11, 2013 9:38 am

Aw, get well soon kitty!
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Sat May 11, 2013 9:54 am

That's a typical cat wound from fighting. I suspect that the vet gets a lot of these type of wounds. I hope she'll be ok, Cheery, but I know how you feel. *HUGS*
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Sat May 11, 2013 11:36 am

Cheery, the fact that your cat has been eating normally is a good sign.I hope all goes well!.

Bickaxe - hope your neck and spine feels better soon. The freeze gels seem to work wonders!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Cheery » Sat May 11, 2013 12:25 pm

Thanks a lot guys :) We brought her home about two hours ago. Everything went well. She's wearing a cone to keep her from scratching the stitches. It was quite a bad infection after all, so she'll have to take antibiotics for the next week or so. She's still quite woozy from the anesthetic and also a bit scared and worked up. We have to keep her inside the bathroom because she'd fall down the stairs otherwise. Can't keep her in my room because she'd disappear under the bed and would get stuck... but we'll hopefully be able to take away that cone on Monday.
In the meantime I'm just checking up on her every now and then.

You're right Tony, it is probably a cat fight wound. They get loads of injured cats, especially this time of year. Usually male, but in our household, my cat's the one who fights off others. She's really a rowdy. Last year she had the tip of her ear bitten off.
Cheery

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum