How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Bickaxe » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Man flu is a serious condition, it renders you unable to do anything constructive.

A bit like pregnancy, PMT and benefit fraud ;)
Fiendish til the en-
:twisted:
Bickaxe

Postby Batty » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:43 pm

Feel Better Soon, Ghost and Janet.

Viruses are NOT to be sneezed at!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby janet » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:52 pm

Bickaxe wrote:Man flu is a serious condition, it renders you unable to do anything constructive.

A bit like pregnancy, PMT and benefit fraud ;)

Scored two out of three ;)
Not knocking Man Flu. I'm really struggling today but I KNOW it's just a bad cold.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Dotsie » Thu May 02, 2013 7:47 pm

Walked back from Mothercare with bags of safety stuff and a fire guard, my arms are flipping falling off! Safety check in less than two weeks. Daffodils are on the poisonous plants list, I'm hoping I don't have to pull them up :shock:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Thu May 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Best of luck Dotsie, although I'm sure you won't need it
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby wicked woman » Thu May 02, 2013 8:55 pm

Dotsie wrote:Walked back from Mothercare with bags of safety stuff and a fire guard, my arms are flipping falling off! Safety check in less than two weeks. Daffodils are on the poisonous plants list, I'm hoping I don't have to pull them up :shock:

Just don't add the bulbs to a stew. :shock:
Personally I avoided growing anything with poisonous berries/seeds when the kids were small, and things like foxgloves because they are so much fun to wear flowers on the fingers. Just treated other stuff with a bit of caution.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 03, 2013 1:20 pm

Dotsie you'll be totally fine! Hugs!

I moved about a million day lilies from one bed to another yesterday. Ouch. Woke up feeling like I'd been hit by a truck. Didn't know that was going to be such a hard job. But, I made space to plant the sunflower seeds, so hopefully those come in nicely.

Tried on a pair of summer pants that I could have sworn were loose last year. They're not loose anymore. :x I should be working out right now, but I'm so sore from yesterday and so irritated about the pants that I'm going to instead choose something more productive - eating a brownie and lazing around. :oops:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Summer pants shrink whilst in storage, it's a known fact ;)

Well it turns out that my old house, which can't have alterations done because it's listed, might be a bit of a health and safety nightmare. So we'll just have to see how strict some of the points for improvement are. Hmm.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 03, 2013 3:41 pm

Ah-ha! I knew it! Stupid shrinking pants.

Sorry about your old house. :( Hope you're able to get it resolved and sold quickly.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri May 03, 2013 5:12 pm

What grading is the house Dotsie, you can usually get away with things with grade II but grade II* or grade I you can forget it :roll:

The Mad Collector

Postby Conforumist » Fri May 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Summer pants shrink whilst in storage, it's a known fact ;)

Really?? ..and here I thought it was people gain weight! :shock:
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri May 03, 2013 5:18 pm

No Con, it's like those suits you don't wear for ages. It''s something to do with storage in wardrobes, it makes clothes shrink I'm certain of it :D

The Mad Collector

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 03, 2013 6:01 pm

Catch-up wrote:Sorry about your old house. :( Hope you're able to get it resolved and sold quickly.

Don't want to sell it, I meant old as in 'it's old' rather than 'previous' :D

It's grade II Mad, but the changes would mean the window frames, which I can't touch :roll: There might be a work-around, I know there's others in my village who've been through this so there must a solution somewhere :?
Dotsie

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 03, 2013 6:01 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:No Con, it's like those suits you don't wear for ages. It''s something to do with storage in wardrobes, it makes clothes shrink I'm certain of it :D

Too right, honestly Con! :naughty:
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Fri May 03, 2013 6:04 pm

Dotsie wrote:It's grade II Mad, but the changes would mean the window frames, which I can't touch :roll: There might be a work-around, I know there's others in my village who've been through this so there must a solution somewhere :?

Mine's II* :roll: I can't touch a thing. Windows are usually OK on grade II as long as you stay with wood and not UPVC and they look similar to the existing ones.

The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum