How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby wicked woman » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:47 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:I head butted the driving instructor my first licence attempt. He was talking & lent towards me but I thought he wanted me to look at his clipboard and I lent towards him, clunk. I was so nervous I couldn't produce any saliva and kept making a weird clicking noise in my throat.

Janet tell your daughter from me, Never give up! Never surrender!

I feel tired today.

Were you trying to knock him out? :lol:
Last edited by wicked woman on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:25 pm

Sister Jennifer wrote:I head butted the driving instructor my first licence attempt. He was talking & lent towards me but I thought he wanted me to look at his clipboard and I lent towards him, clunk. I was so nervous I couldn't produce any saliva and kept making a weird clicking noise in my throat.

Janet tell your daughter from me, Never give up! Never surrender!

I feel tired today.

:confusion-seeingstars: OH NO!
Sorry you're feeling tired Sister Jen.
I've been passing on all your messages of encouragement to my daughter and she'd promised never to surrender. Her parents' bank accounts might just give up before she does :lol:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Catch-up » Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Good for her Janet! :D
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Catch-up » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:57 pm

I feel woozy and I think I have a fever. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
Catch-up

Postby Ghost » Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:59 pm

sterile hugs from me
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Batty » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:52 pm

Catch-up wrote:I feel woozy and I think I have a fever. :(

You see?! I said I had a head cold - and now you've caught the germs! Talk about contagious!! Image Image

Get well soon!
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Dotsie » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:17 pm

Feel better soon, catch-up :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:03 am

Batty wrote:
Catch-up wrote:I feel woozy and I think I have a fever. :(

You see?! I said I had a head cold - and now you've caught the germs! Talk about contagious!! Image Image

Get well soon!

Bloody computer viruses. I've got one too. :(
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:51 pm

I'm so glad you said that Batty! I was planning on blaming you anyway. :lol: I don't know what this is, but I'm kind of up and down. At least I haven't developed the ugly cough Thing 2 has (knock wood).

Didn't help that I had a nice scare on Friday. :roll: Got a call from the middle school. Ava's teacher was alarmed because for a few seconds she thought Ava may be having a small seizure! She wanted me to come pick her up, so I did. Ava has no history of seizures, and when I asked her what happened, she said that she was just trying to deal with some anxiety. One of the techniques suggested is to tighten up every muscle for a few seconds and then let everything relax. She doesn't usually use that, but tried it because her usual techniques weren't working and her teachers had never seen her do it before. Plus for the few seconds she was doing it she didn't respond to them. I guess she tried to explain what she had done, but either didn't explain well or the teacher was too spooked to comprehend. This is the same teacher consultant we had last year and had a few issues with. I don't at all fault her for erring on the side of caution! But, it's so obvious that she's overwhelmed with her job.

Anyway, spoke to the doctor just to be on the safe side and we agreed that there was nothing to be alarmed about and no need to pursue this medically. On the upside, she did a full day of babysitter training at the hospital yesterday! It was a really long class 9-4:30, but she really enjoyed it. The teachers said she was great, fully participated and asked a lot of questions. Yay! :D

So, I've put Friday's stress behind me and just have to manage not to stress out about upcoming stuff - made more fun by hubby being out of town. I'm probably going to have to tell Vivian that she's going to have to miss a birthday party today. She's seeming much better, but don't know that she's really over it. We have a potluck dinner and choir concert for Ava tomorrow. And, like a crazy person, I signed her up for a horse show on Saturday morning, with no idea what kind of work will be involved, followed promptly by a 4H meeting and Halloween party.

I think I'm going to go lie down now.
Catch-up

Postby raptornx01 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:34 am

Makes me feel like lying down. :?

but this was tiring week, not mentally, but physically. My brother runs his own welding and manufacturing business. and one of the thing he does is builds sets for plays and things. A local high school was doing a play called red velvet cake war (never heard of it) and contracted him to build everything. he usually works alone but since it was rather short notice he needed help.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Catch-up » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:16 pm

Sounds like a lot of work Rap! I've never heard of that play either. Sounds like it could be good.

OMG. My nerves are completely shot. We've just got one thing after another going on here. None of them catastrophic on their own, but it's starting to wear on me. And it's only Monday. :roll:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Wow, busy! :shock:

House passed a safety check today :dance: I did so much housework, feel like that's enough for the next six months, surely? :shifty:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby janet » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:13 am

That's very good news Dotsie! The importance of housework is highly overrated in my opinion too. I'd rather have an untidy house where people LIVE :dance:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:17 am

Great news, Dotsie. :)
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:57 am

Good news Dotsie so what's the next hoop you have to jump through?
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum