Sister Jennifer wrote:What election is this, Q?
Oh, I do
hope that you're joking. Because I HAAAAATE
How many ways do I hate the election? Let me make a list.
1. Democracy is merely a semi-refined version of mob rule (think about that carefully, and see if it doesn't scare you), and not a very refined version either. The galling thing is, it's probably the most workable political system.
2. The party leaders, for the most part, are a collection of self-interested attention whores, at best
3. For me, my vote appears to have little meaning, partly because the electorate I live in is a diehard stronghold of a party I don't like. I was tempted to donkey vote as a matter of protest, but have decided against it. But I still feel like my vote, despite the propaganda of the AEC, has less worth than a dog turd trodden into the footpath by thousands of shoes.
4. Most of this process seems to boil down to voting for the lesser of multiple evils.
5. There seem to be a plethora of right-wing parties (Palmer's United Party, One Nation, Family First, Bob Katter's Australia Party, the Coalition, and those are just the noteworthy ones), but only two left wing parties of any note. Not much in the way of choice, is there?
In short, it's what Malcolm Tucker likes to call an omnishambles. It's a [EFF!
]ing chaotic mess that only serves to brutalise the small shreds of faith I have left in humanity, like so many other things.