How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby chillicamper » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:04 pm

Thanks everyone. To be fair, Karen is doing a hell of a lot as well at home at the moment. Sorting out stuff for return to school, then lots of online research whilst I'm at work to give me stuff to read through re planning and developing. Then helping with gardening.etc for my mum - I'm sure she'd help out with Joses engine if I asked - she's one in a million. :D we ate both knackered at the end of a day at the moment. Let's hope things settle down a bit soon.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Dotsie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:07 pm

Hugs from me too - and I recommend that you don't watch Hot Fuzz any time soon. There's a rather radical 'Village Green Preservation Society' in it (don't want you getting any ideas) ;)

Jose will understand if you can't spend as much time with him for a bit.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Batty » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:54 pm

I'm feeling a tad tired.

Yesterday, I went to London to see War Horse, at the Drury Lane Theatre, and didn't get home until nearly 1 am.

The puppetry and vocals were really amazing, but it wasn't exactly an uplifting night's entertainment ...

Yes! I know that in WW1 a lot of the horses were cut down by machine guns, or suffered exhaustion and collapsed, and as for the ones that survived - I saw the TV programme that stated that they were killed and eaten to feed the starving troops and civilians ...

But, Still ... I expected something more ... :confusion-shrug:
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby wicked woman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:18 pm

One of those plays I wouldn't watch. I like stuff to be uplifting and have a happy ending. Which is probably immature but so what.

Had nothing to read so I pulled out Johnny and the Dead, been giggling at the thought of witches abroad - on a plane singing Here we go, here we go." Definitly immature. :lol:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:25 pm

Very tired, I've been working in the shop since 4am creating 3 new sections on my website ready for a big release from one of my suppliers and it's been manic ever since with people wanting to place orders. All very good but I'm looking forward to closing at 5pm and getting a short nap
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Bouncy Castle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:44 pm

You need to recruit more overseas staff, Mad!! ;)
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby michelanCello » Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:52 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:You need to recruit more overseas staff, Mad!! ;)

I support the idea ;)

I all looks gorgeous though, Mad - you did a great job! Love the new Isabelle collection :romance-cloud9:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby janet » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:24 pm

Life goes on but I feel a bit sandbagged today. Discovered last week that a friend had passed away after a very long illness. His funeral was yesterday, in the next village, and very special. Lovely church on a small hill with a view across the dale. Our friend was accompanied from his home to the church by his neighbour in full highland dress playing the bagpipes and preceeding the hearse. His family followed en masse. As the car turned the corner from the main village street into the leafy lane to the church, the piper played Going Home (from Dvorak's 9th symphony 'From the New World') until the entrance to the churchyard when he launched into Mull of Kintyre. He piped the coffin into church and those of us standing outside then heard the faint strains of La Marseillaise....just the first few bars.......That was when I cracked and had a little sob with a huge grin on my face because anyone who knew the man would be aware of his great love for all things Francais!

Ah! It was a wonderful send-off!

On Sunday, we also lost our little Border Terrier, Penny. She had an epileptic seizure in the morning and another a few hours later. We found a vet with a surgery on Sunday (ours doesn't and there's a huge surcharge for a Sunday emergency), rang them and they told us to go immediately. I'll spare the details. Just say it was a bad day on Sunday here.
I found a couple of pics of Penny which i put on faceborg (still can't get to grips with posting pics here - the PC gives up).

So, just one shubunkin left now...and it was looking a bit seedy yesterday :cry:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby Tonyblack » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:30 pm

*HUGS* Janet. :(
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Batty » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:45 pm

(((Janet))) Image
Going to my school was an education in itself. Which is not to be confused with actually getting an education (Schultz)
Batty

Postby Dotsie » Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:52 pm

((((Hugs)))) Janet :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:31 pm

{{{Hugs}}} Janet

The Mad Collector

Postby chillicamper » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:07 pm

more hugs from me Janet :romance-grouphug:
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby Catch-up » Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Huge hugs Janet! :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby The Mad Collector » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:53 pm

michelanCello wrote:
Bouncy Castle wrote:You need to recruit more overseas staff, Mad!! ;)

I support the idea ;)

Well it can certainly be arranged :D

The Mad Collector

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum