How do you feel today? 5

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby wicked woman » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:52 am

He was more interested in the money than the card anyway. :lol: Fortunately he's only 6 so a bit young to realise I mucked up.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby chillicamper » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:03 am

I should be feeling happy - getting to spend a few days away with my sister and the kids........but I just went on to a support forum I frequent for kids with Ds medical condition and found out one of the kids has died following the same type of surgery D had a few years ago. :cry: :cry: :cry:

It's knocked me for six. I can't imagine how those poor parents must be coping right now. So, little Isaac RIP dude. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm off to wake my kids up and give them the worlds biggest hug.
Wooden stuff at www.iwoodlovethat.co.uk
chillicamper

Postby chris.ph » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:13 am

jeez, really sorry to here that chili
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby chillicamper » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:42 am

Cheers Chris. I don't know the family that well, just know that they post on the forum, same as we do - it's just the shock of seeing their post today. People are always posting updates on when their kids are next going in hospital, asking for advice on what to take etc, so to see this really brought it home how lucky we are to have got through the major surgeries that D had.
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:27 am

That's so sad chilli, hugs to you and that poor little guys parents.
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Catch-up » Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:35 am

Oh Chilli. That is heart breaking. :cry:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Conforumist » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:31 am

I can't fathom the loss of a child. :(
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:32 am

Hugs to you and yours, Chilli. And to Isaac's family, who must be devastated.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:05 pm

((((hugs)))) chilli :(
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby chillicamper » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks chaps & chappesses.

Back from a lovely but tiring few days with my sister. Spend time mooching round various places near Glossop and Buxton with my sister and the kids. But it was tiring trying to keep Ds routine the same whilst travelling and visiting places. He needs to eat at the right times and have his medical stuff done in the evening, so the whole holiday felt like an exercise in planning the next day rather than relaxing.

Still it was lovely to see my sis andfor the kids to spend more time with her.

Then I got home and decided to swap the dodgy carb on Jose for the newly refurbed one. Unfortunatley it's not going smoothly. Something is sticking on the throttle lever/butterfly, so I've now got to take it back out and strip it down again. Then I tried to swap over the distributor for an original vacuum one - only to find the old one doesn't want to come out - another fight to have with Jose then!
And finally I took the van to a mechanic I know as I was worried a bout a misfire and wondered if it might be cured by the new distributor - However, he he just told me he thinks I have a burnt valve - so that might be an engine out to rebuild the heads :cry:

So I'm feeling tired, worn out, stressed and don't really know what to do next - so it's beer o'clock and hope things look brighter in the morning!
chillicamper

Postby Tonyblack » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:15 pm

Hope things look better for you soon, Chilli. :(
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Hope the clock sticks at beer o'clock for this evening and things start looking up for you tomorrow. :)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:45 pm

A bit weary all this packing is rather tiring when you doing it on your tod. Image
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby chillicamper » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:21 am

Tonyblack wrote:Hope things look better for you soon, Chilli. :(

Penfold wrote:Hope the clock sticks at beer o'clock for this evening and things start looking up for you tomorrow. :)

Cheers chaps. I may have been a bit down yesterday :roll: ;) I shall attempt to be more positive today.

I think it's just after holiday tiredness along with lots of worry - worry about where the time and money will come to fix the van, worry about going back to work (there was no one covering my work over the last week so I know I'm going back to an overflowing desk), worry over D's medical stuff, worry about my parents - my mum is awaiting major heart surgery and is getting more tired by the day, so my dad is wearing himself out trying to look after her............life is just genreally worrying at present.

But I shall attempt to smile today and see if I can end the week more positively
chillicamper

Postby wicked woman » Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:54 am

Hugs Chilli. :romance-grouphug:
wicked woman

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum