Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: How do you feel today? 5

Postby Tonyblack » Mon May 20, 2013 10:01 pm

And from me too.
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby wicked woman » Wed May 22, 2013 8:35 am

We've killed a rat! Shouldn't really celebrate but at least it was a quick death (trap). There was two, getting visits from the neighbourhood cats so poor cat owner might have been presented with a dead rat. :shock: I know someone who got a mouse in the house because it played dead then ran for the nearest cover, would hate to think someone has acquired our rat. :shifty:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby janet » Wed May 22, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm not keen on rats either WW. Ashamed to say we used to put down bait in the greenhouse because that was where the indoor hutches/winter quarters were for the small furries (when we had some). One rat had started gnawing its way into the hutch to get the food :shock: . The guinea pigs sometimes had a mouse living with them and didn't seem to mind but one day it must have started to squeeze through the mesh and changed its mind but didn't get its back end free before setting off in the opposite direction. Felt really sorry for the poor little sod which was, of course, dead when i found it in the morning. Had to cut its corpse free :( No good being a wuss if you're a single parent and live in the country.
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Postby janet » Wed May 22, 2013 4:40 pm

No no no sorry, didn't actually cut the corpse but the wire to get it free :shock: Think that might have just been too much :cry:
janet

Postby wicked woman » Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 pm

I used to work in a country garden where they nested in the compost heap. Which I had to climb on. Then theres the time I was moving straw bales and found the body of a rat sticking out. You know how in Agatha Christie the maid runs round shrieking, kicking her knees up and throwing her apron over her face... well that was me, apart from the apron. :shock: :oops:
Of all the forces in the universe, the hardest to overcome is the force of habit. Gravity is easy-peasy by comparison.
wicked woman

Postby Dotsie » Wed May 22, 2013 8:39 pm

:lol: I ran around flapping myself today, I was washing up and dropped a knife on my knuckle, choppy side down :shock: Luckily it wasn't too sharp, so I got a bigger bruise than cut, but I had to get my ring off quick which was ouchy
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Catch-up » Thu May 23, 2013 3:44 pm

Dotsie, OUCH! Hope it's better now.

I'm feeling yucky. :( I don't know if it's allergies or a cold, but I wish it would go away.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby wicked woman » Thu May 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Sorry you feel bad, Catch-up and Dotsie. :(
wicked woman

Postby janet » Thu May 23, 2013 10:07 pm

wicked woman wrote:I used to work in a country garden where they nested in the compost heap. Which I had to climb on. Then theres the time I was moving straw bales and found the body of a rat sticking out. You know how in Agatha Christie the maid runs round shrieking, kicking her knees up and throwing her apron over her face... well that was me, apart from the apron. :shock: :oops:

Oh gods, you've reminded me of my worst ever rat encounter. I was trying to get water to flow in a semi-frozen cattle trough and had cause to grope around in it with a stick. There was a massive surge of bubbles and the bloated corpse of a rat bobbed to the surface. Luckily I was wearing brown trousers that day. There was the minor matter of fishing the thing out and disposing of it followed by attempting to flush the trough out for the poor calves to get a drink :shock: :shock:

Hope you feel better soon Catch=up and Dotsie.
janet

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 24, 2013 6:15 am

Feel better! Just got a swollen knuckle with a slice out of it. Much worse to find rat corpses in a water trough.

Mr Dotsie once had a rat eat the plastic soil pipe on the back of a toilet, so when he flushed it went everywhere
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Ghost » Fri May 24, 2013 10:58 am

janet wrote:
wicked woman wrote:I used to work in a country garden where they nested in the compost heap. Which I had to climb on. Then theres the time I was moving straw bales and found the body of a rat sticking out. You know how in Agatha Christie the maid runs round shrieking, kicking her knees up and throwing her apron over her face... well that was me, apart from the apron. :shock: :oops:

Oh gods, you've reminded me of my worst ever rat encounter. I was trying to get water to flow in a semi-frozen cattle trough and had cause to grope around in it with a stick. There was a massive surge of bubbles and the bloated corpse of a rat bobbed to the surface. Luckily I was wearing brown trousers that day. There was the minor matter of fishing the thing out and disposing of it followed by attempting to flush the trough out for the poor calves to get a drink :shock: :shock:
that is nasty :shock:
the worst I got was a bloated maggoty rat corpse in a greenhouse during a heatwave not nice it took two days to clean the smell off me and almost 2 weeks to fully rid the smell out the greenhouse
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Fri May 24, 2013 12:11 pm

The rat stories - Yikes! :shock:
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Dotsie » Fri May 24, 2013 1:32 pm

Yeah, so when Terry complains about rats being posioned or trapped, and that they just want to scratch out a living and it's actually us that have invaded their space...I'm thinking that he's never had to clean up after a decomposed rat corpse, or after their dinner (bin bags, toilet soil pipes etc).
Dotsie

Postby wicked woman » Fri May 24, 2013 1:53 pm

I started something with my rat story. :oops: Apologies. :oops: :oops: :oops:
wicked woman

Postby Conforumist » Sun May 26, 2013 10:43 am

I went to see the doctor on Wednesday, because I was still having some irritation in my throat. After a conversation about some other issues I've been having, he put me off work for 10 days. I know it will be longer than that. Just keeping y'all in the loop.
The greatest things in life are not things.
Conforumist

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum