Bloody workmen

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Bloody workmen

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:13 pm

They have cut through a cable whilst digging, phone, TV, net access down till at least 6:30 pm with no assurance it will be restored by then. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Re: Bloody workmen

Postby raisindot » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:18 pm

Could be worse--they could've cut through a gas main. :angry-extinguishflame:
raisindot

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:16 pm

And not it been restored but BUT my TV won't switch on . :violin: :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby TinatheConfused » Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:25 pm

It's a conspiracy... :evil:
Vampires have risen from the dead, the grave and the crypt, but have never managed it from the cat. ~ Witches Abroad
TinatheConfused

Postby chris.ph » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:20 pm

go down the pub use their free wifi and watch their telly :idea: :idea:
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:40 pm

They will be showing bloody football no doubt. :( having said that it's the plan for a bit later on. :roll:
Edit to add, knew it kin football on at least the sound is off the beer is going down down well.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Jason » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:42 am

Did you get this resolved?
TCOM-12 - Ludeum in tympanus
Editor Discworld Monthly
Jason

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:17 pm

Yes thanks Jason, I posted on the smile board the full saga, just got ready to pop the back off to check if there was a glass fuse when I found a rocker switch which had tripped to off.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Del » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:07 pm

:o I wonder if that is what could have happened to MY TV a few months ago. I still have it downstairs as its a monster to move and get to the dump or for the council pickup on the kerb. I fear it may have in the meantime got some moisture in it :(

Everyone told me this is a throwaway society... but its a Loewe! And its been an amazing TV all its life. Costs a fortune to get one of those fixed.

They actually suffered a world wide outcry when it was discovered that the shut off switch in many of them DIDNT work and they were responsible for a number of house fires here and overseas.... and they sent out repairmen for free to fix it. I could never get the darn TV out of the cabinet to check the serial number. :roll:

When it stopped working I admit I did feel a certain sense of relief (the fire thing and all) but gosh it was an amazing TV. Years ahead of itself. The most amazing picture quality even BEFORE we went digital HD here.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Feb 18, 2013 10:25 pm

It's possible Del, same size as a normal plug fuse just clear glass with a single strand inside a lot of the older TV's had them.
Who's Wee Dug

Return to The Broken Drum