Pope Resigns

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Pope Resigns

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:37 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-21411304

First time in 600 years that a pope has resigned instead of stretching it out until they snuff it.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Re: Pope Resigns

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:44 pm

:? I thought he was chosen by God. Does he send his resignation letter care of Heaven?
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:53 pm

Fair play to him, I say.

He knows he can't continue, so he stands down.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:36 pm

Continue doing what? Waving and speaking Latin? This is not the sort of job you retire from.
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby simmonds91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:01 pm

I never truly understood the importance of a pope to be honest, I'm quite ignorant when it comes to other peoples religion i'm sure but I always thought every man was equal, why are bishops and priests etc. closer to god? So I ask you now, if the pope is somehow able to talk to god or w/e, how can he retire? he is chosen by god to convey his messages to the people right?? and when it comes to making people do something until they die, god is very good at oppression like that, guy's gonna pay when he goes to heaven methinks.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby Bouncy Castle » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:04 pm

P'raps God told him to retire? ;)

Bouncy Castle

Postby simmonds91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:21 pm

perhaps, we will never know, maybe it's just another of god's mysterious ways and that sentence alone can make up for a lot of what happens, we can't know for SURE, it COULD be what god wanted.
Well, you know what they say. The past is a foreign country - - With an outdated military and huge oil reserves!
simmonds91

Postby raisindot » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Would be nice to have a pope who wasn't a Nazi or didn't protect child abusing priests.
raisindot

Postby Jan Van Quirm » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:28 pm

Good - let's hope it's a nice short 'retirement plan' and his replacement can do something useful for a change without the old guard tutting away forever at any attempt to bring the fold into the real world at long last :roll:
"Some men see things as they are and ask why. Others dream things that never were and ask why not.” George Bernard Shaw
Jan Van Quirm

Postby simmonds91 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:35 pm

raisindot wrote:Would be nice to have a pope who wasn't a Nazi or didn't protect child abusing priests.

Of course but does the bible say not to be any of those? As long as you don't go against the bible god is perfectly happy to speak to you.... well not you... you know what I mean... for example, you can be a muslim or christian, black or white and still be an american. (I AM correct in assuming popes talk to god right?) on another note id like to say I think being a nazi is fine, as long as they don't kill other people or lash out, everyones entitled to an opinion imo so a nazi pope is no different than a christian pope... oh wait...
simmonds91

Postby cheery_j. » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:18 pm

simmonds91 wrote: on another note id like to say I think being a nazi is fine, as long as they don't kill other people or lash out, everyones entitled to an opinion

That was a joke, wasn't it?
cheery_j.

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:13 pm

raisindot wrote:Would be nice to have a pope who wasn't a Nazi or didn't protect child abusing priests.

Yes they are rotten to the core and absolutely corrupt, not surprising considering what they are founded on from hundreds of years ago Blackmail, coersion, corruption, deceit, debauchery, slaughter of innocents and torture, absolute power corrupts and they are not going to give that up no matter who takes his place, his mate old nick Image will have a special place for him. Image

I wonder on his last speech will he apologize for all the hurt and ruined lives that was inflicted on children all over the World by his kiddie fiddling paedophile priest. :evil:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Sister Jennifer » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:01 am

He doesn't want to be head of an organisation that may finally be made accountable for it's crimes.

I must add, I say finally with naive hope.

Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:18 pm

Feck Father Jack would be your man. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Ghost

Next

Return to The Broken Drum