Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby =Tamar » Sat Jan 18, 2014 5:03 am

chris.ph wrote:: i never wash it and the tannin has built up nicely over the years, now if somebody cleaned that i would kill them as it would take months to get some flavour back in the cup :D :D
Is it Melamine? My family had Melamine cups in the 1950s. They were so stained that you could get a watery cup of coffee just by putting hot water in them. Bleach would take it out but then they tasted of bleach and still stained again.
=Tamar

Postby chris.ph » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:29 am

No,its an old stanely Aladdin travel cup which has been well used lol
measuring intelligence by exam results is like measuring digestion by turd length
chris.ph

Postby Sister Jennifer » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:48 am

It's certainly a good way to stop random people using your cup.
Undead yes -
Unperson no!
Sister Jennifer

Postby Penfold » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:50 pm

I went slightly librarian poo when I found out my flatmate had washed and scrubbed my wok. :roll:
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Yes Penners you need a good coating on your Wok, ;) :lol: helps to keep it non stick if it's steel one just a wipe with a paper towel. I had the same on mine before the non stick one.
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:51 pm

found out that my ps2 control pad is knackered not very happy
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Catch-up » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:14 pm

That stinks. Sorry!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Tonyblack » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:39 pm

Remember the days of joysticks? I must have gone through dozens of those things. :lol:
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby raptornx01 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:19 am

been there. so very much. :lol:

Lately for me it's been this key board. It's wireless and fairly new, but the signal is spotty at best, despite being only a few feet away from the transmitter sticking out the front of my comp. I can't sit in certain positions cause if i do the signal cuts out completely.

First chance I get i'm getting a wired keyboard. Yeah i have to worry about the wire getting messed up (which is what caused me to get a wireless in the first place), but least until that happens the thing will actually work consistently.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby hnorwood » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:02 pm

That reminds me of when I was looking at an interesting problem with a laptop. It kept producing characters when the user was not touching the keyboard. A lot of hair-tearing later, having shown there was nothing wrong with the laptop, I found that the user's wireless mouse had also come with a wireless keyboard. Although the user wasn't using the wireless keyboard it was still powered up and was sitting on its edge upstairs from the laptop, and you've guessed it, sending characters because it was leaning against the keys!

Problem solved by removing the batteries from the keyboard.
Huge Neuroid

Angst-Lesspork
hnorwood

Postby michelanCello » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 am

Ugh. I'm desperately looking for a Summer job (or ANY job, really, just had an online interview (the things they do these days!) and it was supposed to be a language test... to judge my english skills. Yeah, right. Like 1/3 was english, or even less, the rest of it was basically a logic part, like "Continue the series: 2 3 5 5 9 17" and I have NO idea of these, never had, I'm the failure of the family with all its mathematicians, my logic just works differently from normal people's, apparently, and it tired me out massively and I should be heading to Danish class right now but I have to write it off me), and anyway, I'd really like to find something in the UK or in the Netherlands, and I found this brilliant site with lots of language jobs, sent them my CV a couple of weeks ago, no reply, so I called them just now, there was a woman on the phone and I could HEAR her grinning, very annoying, anyway, she said I should send my CV to another address but when I explained about my situation she said I should "apply when I'm back in London" (my british accent must've been very convincing :lol: ), because there was no point now, but she basically hung up on me before I had the chance to say yeah, but I'm not going to BE in London or anywhere if I don't find a job, will I?
Anyway, I did send them my CV explaining everything and stuff and see what happens.

I also applied to the Dutch embassy for an internship, because I need to do one for my studies, they said they'd got it, but still nothing... :( nobody wants me... :cry:
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

Postby Ghost » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:09 pm

supporting hugs from me just keep on trying
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Bouncy Castle » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:13 pm

Perhaps there might be a vacancy in a certain teddy bear shoppe? ;) :lol:
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:45 pm

mC I hope a job you like turns up soon. :pray:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby michelanCello » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:32 pm

Bouncy Castle wrote:Perhaps there might be a vacancy in a certain teddy bear shoppe? ;) :lol:

I think David's had enough of me :lol:

Thanks everyone!
Listen.
michelanCello

Location: Budapest, Hungary (and yes, I'm sure it's Budapest, not Bucharest)

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum