Postby janet » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:37 pm

Tonyblack wrote:So, he waved a bag of sweeties at you and you over ate. :lol:

Harsh but wise Tony :(
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby raptornx01 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:20 am

Tonyblack wrote:So, he waved a bag of sweeties at you and you over ate. :lol:

Lol, pretty much. :lol: One of those things where I'll start thinking about what I could do, then i get a bit obsessive over it till I get it out of my head.

janet wrote:Had a similar experience 9 years ago when I was contacted by a guy who was developing a bit of land up the dale into a chalet park. I wasn't able to do anything hands-on due to having surgery and radiotherapy for breast cancer and made the mistake of saying so. Guy wanted to know how to make his development beautiful as well as eco-friendly and all the guff that people say.....know now but went along for the ride.......
I did loads of work for him and produced some scaled drawings/plans. Luckily I didn't give him anything more than a rough drawing (had done much research into site-specific indigenous plants and all the rest) which would be buggerall use to your average man with digger/motorised soil cultivator ( I know OK! But I've met them).
The guy in question said he'd get in touch......still waiting :roll:
Came across him once in a shop nearby. Never seen anyone his age move so fast...........expletive deleted.
The whole thing put down as 'experience'......
:twisted:

Nice guy. :lol:

I think the same way. Learned some stuff you didn't know before and it could help you later.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Ghost » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:26 pm

arge it's so itchy I got a hair trapped in my ear and even though I've pulled it out it itches even more now
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:33 pm

Maybe you left one of it ears behind when you yanked it out. :mrgreen:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby Ghost » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:38 pm

ghost itch
Ooh you cheeky little sea winkle
Ghost

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Give it a ghost scratch. :lol:
He willnae tak' a drink! I think he's deid! , on the other hand though A Midgie in yir hand is worth twa up yir kilt.
Who's Wee Dug

Postby ChristianBecker » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:44 pm

Someone's smoke detector seems to have a defect/ low battery. It's beeping every 30 or so seconds. I feel a bit like in a U-boat movie. Ping....., Ping......
It's not really loud, but I guess I'm a bit stressed out (studying for an exam on Monday) and it's getting on my nerves to the point where it becomes a major niggle.
Add to that they're working on the railroad tracks on the side of the Rhine and everytime a train approaches there are warning honks so the workers can get off the track.
Drives my crazy.
On with their heads! I'm the clown prince of fools
if you don't get the joke it's your loss
Love and laughter you see are the new currency
'cause greed's coinage is not worth a toss

Exile yourself to the unforgiving continent of Wraeclast!
ChristianBecker

Postby The Mad Collector » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:32 pm

Don't get me on the subject of smoke detectors. I rent my place and the landlord decided to fit one above the oven and grill. How often do you think that went off. :roll:

Checked my lease and I have to have the smoke detector in the kitchen. I do it's now in a drawer with no power supply :D
One of those? Oh I'm sure I have one somewhere..

http://www.bearsonthesquare.com
The Mad Collector

Postby Catch-up » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:12 pm

Sorry CB, that would be really annoying.

Another pair of running shoes down. I was hoping not to have to order another pair before the con, but they're making my feet hurt. :(
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Who's Wee Dug » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:38 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:Don't get me on the subject of smoke detectors. I rent my place and the landlord decided to fit one above the oven and grill. How often do you think that went off. :roll:

Checked my lease and I have to have the smoke detector in the kitchen. I do it's now in a drawer with no power supply :D

:lol: :lol:
Who's Wee Dug

Postby =Tamar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm

The Mad Collector wrote:Don't get me on the subject of smoke detectors. I rent my place and the landlord decided to fit one above the oven and grill. How often do you think that went off.

I think I've seen ads for a version that has an Off switch for when you're cooking.
=Tamar

Postby Catch-up » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:03 am

My father in law, who I otherwise adore, is driving me crazy. He wants to come to the horse show the girls are in, and celebrate Thing 2's birthday at the same time. Which is great, that's our usual plan! However, he's stuck on the idea that the show is in the morning and it isn't. We keep going around and around about when to do what and I'm just feeling done with it.
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby Penfold » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:35 am

=Tamar wrote:
The Mad Collector wrote:Don't get me on the subject of smoke detectors. I rent my place and the landlord decided to fit one above the oven and grill. How often do you think that went off.

I think I've seen ads for a version that has an Off switch for when you're cooking.

But how would I be able to tell if my dinner's cooked? ;)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
Penfold

Postby Bouncy Castle » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:10 am

Catch-up wrote:My father in law, who I otherwise adore, is driving me crazy. He wants to come to the horse show the girls are in, and celebrate Thing 2's birthday at the same time. Which is great, that's our usual plan! However, he's stuck on the idea that the show is in the morning and it isn't. We keep going around and around about when to do what and I'm just feeling done with it.

Print out the day's schedule, in big letters, and stick it on his fridge.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.

The rest of us are a bit crap.
Bouncy Castle

Postby Dotsie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:28 am

Agreed. Then text him an hour before he needs to set off.

Penfold wrote:But how would I be able to tell if my dinner's cooked? ;)

Cuisine a la Dotsie! :lol:
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum