Minor Niggles

(For General Discussion)

Moderators: Jason, Toothy, Tonyblack

Re: Minor Niggles

Postby Tonyblack » Thu May 30, 2013 9:56 pm

Dotsie wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:I wound my friend up one year when we were looking at a Christmas display of animated penguins and polar bears. She nearly made a scene about it. :lol:

But elves and Santa are OK? ;)

Of course! There's a difference between nature and fantasy. :P
"Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to."
Tonyblack

Postby Del » Fri May 31, 2013 5:57 am

Tonyblack wrote:
Dotsie wrote:
Tonyblack wrote:I wound my friend up one year when we were looking at a Christmas display of animated penguins and polar bears. She nearly made a scene about it. :lol:

But elves and Santa are OK? ;)

Of course! There's a difference between nature and fantasy. :P

Wot??? There's no such things as polar bears???? OR penguins???? Noooooo!!!

Damn you Walt Disney! I mean.. finding out the Lemmings didn't really leap off cliffs was actually a huge relief in alot of ways... but NO polar bears and penguins?

OMG
.. what am I going to tell the children!
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby =Tamar » Fri May 31, 2013 6:10 am

Del wrote:Minor niggle.... her maths teacher sent her a set of problems home the other day. Expand and simplify types. Am I being thick here?.... usually I am pretty good at math. It was something like.....

3 (to the power of 2) x 5 (to the power of 3) = 15 (to the power of 5) That's what HE wrote as the simplified solution.

(3 x 3) x (5 x 5 x 5) = 9 x 125 = 1,125

not 759,375

Yes? no?

Belatedly... I think he's made a mistake. (3x3) x (5x5x5) = (3x3)x(5x5)x5 = (3x5)x(3x5)x5 = [(3x5)to the power of 2]x5 = (15x15)x5, not 15x15x15.
=Tamar

Postby Del » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:19 am

Yesssssss!!!! Thanks Tamar.

Raining! Bugger. Wanted to take Hayden fishing for a bit. Not to catch anything mind.. just to thrownin a line.

Originally was going to hit the Green Heart Fair AND my oldest is the MC there today (proud mummy)... but as I am not working and since every other day I travel to the other side of the city for work. .. what were the chances the Green Heart Fair would be a few blocks from my workplace? ??? Nooooo.

Anyway.... its raining.
Just keep swimming... just keep swimming.. just keep swimming....
Del

Postby Ghost » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:37 pm

putting largely black heel cushions in a pair of black pumps in a dark room
I'm not the sharpest tool in the box Image
God can't see you when it's cloudy
Ghost

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:43 am

So this guy sent me a message asking me if I would make a video for him. He was doing a video series using a gmod, which is a game built on the same tech as source filmmaker, the program I use for animation (and in fact the pony models I use were originally made for gmod). the difference is in gmod the only way to really make videos is either to record yourself messing around, or to use screen shots and cut them together. like, take a screen shot, move the models, take another, move the models, etc. He wanted a full animated trailer for his series. nothing big, just a simple thing, his characters facing down the enemies kind of thing.

I was kinda hesitant, but said I'd look at his stuff, but wasn't guaranteeing i'd do it. so he sent me one of his vids and sent me links to get his pony OCs (original characters). so i check them out and find out they are the OLD models. the main problem with them being their eyes are broken and are stuck staring straight ahead. They'll blink, but thats about it. I mentioned it to him and asked if he could get the one that made the models for him to fix the eyes. He's like thats fine, it's ok if they don't work. I'm like, o, k. he tries to get me to get on skype, but I don't really use that, and really had no interest in it. anyway I get busy can't really get back to him, but i do work on it. couple weeks go by and I finish it and send it to him. Here's what I ended up with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a2flr483f9npj8w/prodigy.mp4

He get's back and is like, thats good, but could you add them running at the camera and more characters. and send me a link to another vid of his that showed stuff that wasn't in the first one and he didn't tell me about. so I go ahead and finish that up and send it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v93cm8fqk5ky55v/prodigy3.mp4

Had issues, but the best i could with what I had. He gets back, and is like, good, good, then asks me add more stuff. Again stuff that wasn't in either vids. Plus, some of things he wanted me to add were the tripods from Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. and I found out with the striders, those three legged things in that first vid, anything with three legs is a pain in the ass to animate.

Already i've spend three weeks on this while neglecting my own projects and so far everytime I do what he asks he asks for more. and never once said thanks, or i appreciate the help, or anything. I'm tempted to just say, i'm done with this.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby =Tamar » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:22 am

I'd say Done and send back the models. He's already got half his project done for free. Write it off and get rid of the evidence. And, probably, block his email so you don't have to listen to him whining.
=Tamar

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:47 am

I would write back and say something like: This project is now taking up too much of my time and eating into time I need to spend on my own projects. Therefore I am not prepared and unable to spend any more time on it. I would suggest that, now I have made this start for you, that you take it from here, or it ceases to be your project. I wish you well but you really need to continue without my help.
Tonyblack

Postby Dotsie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:40 am

Yeah, it's time to cut him loose. Or just say something like "I could do that, but it's going to get expensive for you". I've a feeling he won't ask again ;)
What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!
Dotsie

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:48 am

Good one Dotsie! Ask him for his home address so you can mail the bill. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby Penfold » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:24 am

Pretty much want everyone else has said. It just looks like he just wants you to do the donkey work for him. (sorry, I'll get me coat)
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

Len Brook Photography
Penfold

Postby Catch-up » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:52 am

All of the above!
“It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening.”
― Sue Monk Kidd, The Secret Life of Bees:
Catch-up

Postby raptornx01 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:07 pm

:lol: @ Penfold

yeah, I think that's what i'll do. I probably shouldn't have started it, but I had gotten ideas in my head and when that happens I have to get them out. Plus I wanted the practice. I hadn't done a vid with so many models (that first big shot has 350 models in it. my comp was crying in pain everytime i hit play :lol: ) wanted to see if I could.
"The reason an author needs to know the rules of grammar isn't so he or she never breaks them, but so the author knows how to break them."
raptornx01

Postby Tonyblack » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:24 pm

So, he waved a bag of sweeties at you and you over ate. :lol:
Tonyblack

Postby janet » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Had a similar experience 9 years ago when I was contacted by a guy who was developing a bit of land up the dale into a chalet park. I wasn't able to do anything hands-on due to having surgery and radiotherapy for breast cancer and made the mistake of saying so. Guy wanted to know how to make his development beautiful as well as eco-friendly and all the guff that people say.....know now but went along for the ride.......
I did loads of work for him and produced some scaled drawings/plans. Luckily I didn't give him anything more than a rough drawing (had done much research into site-specific indigenous plants and all the rest) which would be buggerall use to your average man with digger/motorised soil cultivator ( I know OK! But I've met them).
The guy in question said he'd get in touch......still waiting :roll:
Came across him once in a shop nearby. Never seen anyone his age move so fast...........expletive deleted.
The whole thing put down as 'experience'......
:twisted:
Doctorum Adamus cum Flabello Dulci
janet

PreviousNext

Return to The Broken Drum